Right over here we are wholeheartedly gushing about ABS-CBN'S new teleserye, A Love to Last. It launched worldwide last night but even before then, weeks before that, people caught the trailer online and melted in anticipation.
The unique charm of A Love to Last rests in the heart of the story: A young girl has the rug pulled out under her by sudden heartbreak and an older but super handsome career man who is seemingly settled and set for life with his wife and children eventually finds out he doesn't have it all together. Here are five reasons why you should latch on to this series while it's just begun:
1. There is huge, huge "Double A"-charged chemistry between the lead characters Andeng and Anton portrayed by Bea Alonzo and Ian Veneracion. The feels are genuine! We don't know what's in store for them, but they've wandered obliviously into each other's lives.
2. The show communicates the fact that life's sudden twists break our hearts. We all can relate to those moments, just when you think you have it all together, something's beginning to crack from unseen weight. Just when you think you're winning the game, you're dealt a wild card.
3. The strong presence of a more mature, composed yet troubled, male lead in a romcom drama is a refreshing take on a teleserye. It's interesting to watch a story on how an older man deals with life and new love in a sticky situation. It's a complete 180-degree turn in a romcom character from a young hotshot who's just figuring out how to tell a girl he likes her.
4. "Vince And Kath and James" leads Julia Barretto and Ronnie Alonte are also part of A Love to Last's full cast. Now you can watch these two from your favorite MMFF box office hit every night on primetime, five days a week!
5. There's something in the way Andeng's vibrant energy and lack of reserve complements the stoic, gentlemanly pace of Anton's mature attitude. All that blended together eventually spells out their inevitable meet-cute in the story.
The scenario gets a bit of heat also with the presence of Anton's reluctant wife, Grace, played by the stunning Iza Calzado.
Through their varied heartbreak situations and challenges Andeng and Anton meet, and suddenly things hang in the balance. A Love to Last shows on ABS-CBN Primetime Bida after Probinsiyano Mondays-Fridays.
Click below to watch the behind-the-scenes featurette on this refreshing new teleserye.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Joshua Garcia's 8 Best Moments On "Vince And Kath And James" That Spell Major Heartthrob
Photographs and screenshots from the ABS-CBN Entertainment YouTube channel