Green is a shade that can be difficult to wear in the "beauty" aspect of style, but in fashion it can be a total game changer as a standout hue. In 2016's last quarter, just slightly before or after Pantone announced greenery as its next color of the year, some of these brave and beautiful style sirens took on green for a fresh change.
1. Solenn Heussaff. French-Filipino artist, model, and actress, Solenn, takes on green just in a couple of pops. You can work green into your wardrobe as a dominant hue in patterns like in her top here. She also used the color green generously in one of her most recent and impressive paintings as part of her widows series It strengthens the message of the painting in an organic way.
2. Kim Jones. Online high-fashion blogger, photographer, and luxe brand ambassador Kim Jones exhibits stylish finesse when it comes to bold restraint in her use of color. Depending on where she's at, she knows when a color palette in fashion is too pale or too bold for the scene and controls it well. Here, her use of bold green for the skirt works extremely well, the only other organic warmth in the scene being her skin.
3. Kim Chiu. Rocking green in casual clothing and daily wear shouldn't be too difficult if you stick to olive and army greens that contain more yellow than blue or slightly lean towards khaki and brown. Kim Chiu is a great example here of how her tan complexion works well with her green top.
4. Maja Salvador. For formalwear, you can parade green under evening skies in deeper forest and emerald hues. Maja Salvador wows in a custom Sheiralyn gown during the ABS-CBN trade launch last year. Though the color scheme of the year, "Greenery" is more of a yellow-toned bright green there's no need to be inflexible with tones as long as you're working the same hue. Besides it'd all be a bit boring if everyone tried the green trend in the EXACT same color.
5. Coleen Garcia. Fashion from the bedroom to the bash works when done well, we're finding the appeal of laidback, pajama-esque style creeping out that door. Shirt dresses, and oversized sweats if tailored or shaped well do work. Coleen allures in this simple, green shirt dress. To make sure a shirt dress is tasteful to wear out it should be better when no shorter than mid-thigh. Nail lacquer on your toes with dressy sandals are recommended, a simple anklet as an accessory would be well-paired, or you can opt for stockings and thin thigh-high boots.
Photographs from Instagram.com/solennheussaff, Instagram.com/iammajasalvador, Instagram.com/kimcamjones, Instagram.com/chinitaprincess, Instagram.com/, and Instagram.com/coleengarcia
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Miss Universe 2016 Will Have An All-Filipino Makeup Team And We Couldn’t Be Prouder!