The men's basketball finals of UAAP Season 79 proved to be a memorable one for two reasons: One, because it's another beautiful showcase of classic Ateneo-La Salle rivalry, and second, it is a David vs. Goliath battle, with Ateneo being the underdog and La Salle being the unanimous favorite to win the championship this year.
Ateneo may have lost the plum prize to La Salle, but let's not forget that they dealt La Salle with their one and only loss this season. La Salle's championship win, on the other hand, is a fitting send-off for King Archer and Finals MVP Jeron Teng, and a preview of the very bright future ahead for the Taft squad, thanks to season MVP Ben Mbala, whose dunks (check out his best dunks of the season here) and commanding presence on the court became a major advantage for DLSU, along with other hardworking Archers like Rookie of the Year Aljun Melecio, and veterans Kib Montalbo and Thomas Torres.
Whether you are an Atenean, a LaSallian, or neither of the two, these posts will totally give you winning college basketball feels:
1. The guy who truly deserve (championship) hero honors.
2. While as part of our duties as responsible citizens we should never take political matters lightly, we just can't help but be amused by this analogy.
3. How King Archer Jeron Teng might be feeling right now after being awarded Finals MVP as his team bagged the championship... on his final year in school.
4. But then, the graduating King Archer has to deal with finals week before a much-deserved Christmas break.
5. Basically every alumnus and alumna from La Salle following yesterday’s win.
6. La Salle's struggles against a young (and overachieving) Ateneo team is just like those adulting moments we want to evade.
ALSO READ: In Focus: We Dared These UAAP Pairs To Style Each Other!
Photographs from Instagram.com/rynong (banner), Instagram.com/vynimalism, and the UAAP-NCAA Memes Facebook page