Here’s a rundown of events happening during the holiday season. Enjoy!
1. 4th Impact Invas10n. Girl Group 4th Impact, who rose to fame after their stint on X Factor UK, will be holding their homecoming concert entitled Invas10n on December 3 at Kia Theater. Aside from celebrating their 10th year as a group, sisters Mylene, Irene, Clina and Almira are also holding their concert for the benefit of Anawim Foundation—giving you an even more heartwarming reason to watch them belt out popular songs live.
2. Basti Artadi in Good Company. For this benefit concert, Wolfgang frontman Basti Artadi will be performing songs that he rarely performs live, like this one:
You wouldn't want to miss this as this might be Basti’s last show in a long while as he heads off to the US to have the tumor on his face treated. Catch his one-night-only show on December 9, 8PM at the Music Museum, San Juan. Ticket prices range from P515 (for balcony) to P1,545 (for Orchestra Center). Purchase tickets here or at Music Museum.
3. GOT7 Flight Log: Turbulence. Korean boyband group GOT7 will be holding another concert in the Philippines as part of its Fly Tour, entitled Flight Log: Turbulence on December 21, 7PM, at Pacific Grand Ballroom, Waterfront Hotel Cebu, and on December 23, 7PM, at Kia Theater. Ticket prices for both Manila and Cebu shows range from P4,500 (for premium) to P9,000 (for VVIP).
1. Annie. A re-staging of a classic that had no other than Lea Salonga playing the lead role in the original run, Annie continues to deliver its message about the importance of optimism and the courage to defy all odds—a message that proves to be as important now (perhaps even more) than before.
You can still catch this well-acclaimed production from December 2 to 4, and 9 to 11, 8PM (for Friday and Saturday) and 3PM (for Saturday and Sunday) at the Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila. You can purchase tickets here or at Resorts World Manila. Ticket prices range from P860.48 (for bronze) to P3,441.42 (for SVIP).
2. A Christmas Carol. Based on Charles Dickens' classic novel of the same name, Menken and Ahren's A Christmas Carol retells this classic Christmas story in a modern context, where the audience will learn values about the true spirit of Christmas.
December 2 to 4, 9 to 11, 16 to 18, 21 to 22, 7PM, and 25, 8PM at The Globe Iconic Store, Bonifacio High Street Ampitheater.
3. Hansel and Gretel. Adapted for children’s theatre by renowned theater actress Joy Virata, Repertory Philippines’ version makes use of Engelbert Humperdinck’s opera, with Bituin Escalante’s performance as the evil witch being among the highlights. You can still catch this play from December 2 to 4, and 9 to 11, at Onstage Theater, Greenbelt 1.
4. A Little Princess. Based on Frances Burnett’s acclaimed Victorian-era novel, Repertory Philippines’ grand musical for its 2016 season gives a modern retelling of the novel, bringing the story from Victorian-era England to Africa. You can still catch this play on December 3, 10, and 18, 8PM, at Onstage Theater, Greenbelt 1. You can purchase tickets here.
5. Awitin Mo at Isasayaw Ko. This collaboration between Ballet Philippines and the ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra will be bringing back to life the classic Manila sound through a live performance in both singing and dancing. Expect to hear hit songs from VST such as "Magsayawan", "Ipagpatawad Mo," "Awitin Mo, Isasayaw Ko," and more. You can catch the show from December 2 to 11 at CCP Main theater. Ticket prices range from P309 to P3,090.
6. A Very Broadway Christmas in Manila. Featuring Broadway singer-actor Andrew Keenan-Bolger, along with guest Tanya Manalang, A Very Broadway Christmas in Manila will serve as Keenan-Bolger’s solo concert, performing new arrangements of classic Christmas songs, both local and foreign. Guests can look forward to Keenan-Bolger singing Filipino Christmas classics like "Pasko Na Naman," "Sana Ngayong Pasko," and "Kumukutikutitap" during this one-night-only event. Catch Keenan-Bolger on December 11, 7PM, Globe Auditorium, Maybank Performance Arts Theater, Taguig City. Ticket prices range from P2,455.75 (for yellow seats) to P4,284.50 (for green seats).
7. 50 Shades! The Musical Parody. Those who loved (and missed) 50 Shades! The Musical Parody early this year can still catch the show on a limited run from December 15-17, 8PM (additional 4PM for December 17) at Music Museum! The limited run will have the same cast as its February-March 2016 run, meaning you get to see newlywed Karel Marquez-Fariñas reprise her role as Anastasia Steele. Ticket prices range from to P1,200 (for balcony) to P2,400 (for VIP).
8. Changing Partners. Changing Partners explores the complexity of relationships and fidelity— topics that are often discussed and debated upon. Catch this three-show run from December 16, 8PM; December 17, 3PM; and December 18, 7PM, at Peta Theater, 5 Eymard Drive, New Manila, Quezon City. Ticket prices are P938.72 for regular and P1,173.40 for VIP.
1. Hi-5 Fairytale. Award-winning musical Hi-5 will be back in Manila once again with an all-new show, where Ainsley, Dayen, Mary, Tanika, and Stevie will take you on a fantasy-filled adventure full of twists.
You can catch them from December 16-18, 2:30PM and 6PM (additional 11AM show for December 17) at the Newport Performing Arts Theater. Ticket prices range from P2,581.44 (for bronze) to P4,840.20 (for SVIP).
2. Hello Kitty Live! Fashion and Friends. Fans of Hello Kitty will get to see her and the rest of the crew live from December 20 to January 1 at theMeralco Theater. Ticket prices range from P3,135 (balcony) to P5,747.50 (orchestra center).
[related: Hot Stuff: Hello Kitty And Friends Are Out To Make The Holidays In Manila More Exciting!]
3. Le Grand Cirque. With artists coming from Europe, Canada, China and the UK, this show mixes traditional circus acts with modern theatrical techniques to seamlessly convey a narrative or theme, guaranteed to be loved and appreciated by people of all ages. You can catch the show from December 25 to January 3 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Ticket prices range from P150 (for general admission) to P1,500 (for VIP).
4. Disney on Ice. Get to see your favorite Disney characters like Mickey, Snow White, Simba, Nemo, Buzz Lightyear, and Elsa sing and dance on ice for the first time at the Mall of Asia Arena from December 25 to January 4! Ticket prices range from P190 (for general admission) to P2,540 (for SVIP). You can purchase tickets from all SM Tickets outlets and online at www.smtickets.com.
5. 42nd Metro Manila Film Festival. With films like Saving Sally, Die Beautiful, Vince, Kath, and James, Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank 2, Kabisera, Oro, Seklusyon, and Sunday Beauty Queen, this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival will surely be a different, more quality experience. Catch all eight entries in leading cinemas 25 until January 7!
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: All The Places You Must Visit For An Even More Festive Holiday Spirit
Banner image from News.ABS-CBN.com