There's no doubt about it: One of the best ways to get into the holiday spirit is by watching Christmas movies! We've compiled a list of some famous Christmas quotes from our favorite holiday movies that will surely get you all Yuletide-cheery.
1. “And may all your Christmases be white. MERRY CHRISTMAS!” (White Christmas, 1954)
This song is guaranteed to be played anywhere in the world during Christmas time. The soundtrack from this movie is a must in your Noche Buena playlist!
2. “You’re skipping Christmas! Isn’t that against the law?” (Christmas With the Kranks, 2004)
Based on John Grisham's novel, Skipping Christmas, this comedy movie is about the ups and downs of celebrating the season with your whole family.
3. "Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas!" (A Christmas Carol, 1938)
Everyone knows Ebeneezer Scrooge, and his hostility towards Christmas. But that changes when ghosts flashed his past, present, and futurer in front of his face.
4. "Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing." (The Santa Clause, 1994)
Such wisdom coming from a little girl's mouth, it teaches not just the children but us, adults, to have faith.
5. "It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year we are the people that we always hoped we would be." (Scrooged, 1988)
Aside from the movie plots we enjoy, it is the messages that are being said that hit close to home. Christmas is about everyone feeling good.
6. "This is extremely important. Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back. No toys. Nothing but Peter, Kate, Buzz, Megan, Linnie, and Jeff. And my aunt and my cousins. And if he has time, my Uncle Frank. Okay?" (Home Alone, 1990)
Who does not love Kevin? Here, he tells us that even from a child's perspective, presents are not the highlight of Christmas but having the family together.
7. Mayor: "How horrible our Christmas will be!"
Jack: "No … How jolly."
Mayor: "Oh. How jolly our Christmas will be!" (The Nightmare Before Christmas, 1993)
We can learn a thing or two from Jack. No matter how life gets to be confusing or complicated, look at the glass half full, never half empty.
8. "Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant." (The Grinch, 2000)
The town's people have won! And the Grinch has found Christmas in his heart!
9. “It’s all HUMBUG, I tell you. HUMBUG!” (Scrooge, 1951)
See for yourself the origins of this iconic line that's said whenever we would brush off something we refuse to accept.
10. "It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas means a little bit more." (How the Grinch Stole Christmas, 1966)
Everytime this quote is read, you just can't help but read it how they said it. Best lesson learned? Christmas is indeed beyond giving gifts. It is about being kind and showing love not just to our friends and family, but to strangers as well.
11. Mark: "With any luck, by next year I'll be going out with one of these girls. [shows pictures of beautiful supermodels]
Mark: But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this. [picture of a mummy]
Mark: Merry Christmas." (Love Actually, 2003)
Waterworks galore! Sometimes, the things we least expect become the biggest blessings we'll ever get.
12. "It's Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive." (The Holiday, 2006)
Get out of your comfort zone. Meet new people and enjoy the world!
Best way to enjoy these movies again are with popcorn and hot choco along with your loved ones!
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Victoria's Secret Rocks Paris With $3M Bra And Lady Gaga
Photographs from unsplash.com, Instagram.com/cinemaatic, and Instagram.com/demetriusmarquezmitchell