Like Christmas cards sprung to life, there are great destinations here in the metro that can sure light up, sing out, and celebrate the Christmas season right. These places go to great lengths to make the season brighter by decking out their streets and locations with twinkling lights by the thousands—or even millions. In these destinations, window decorations, holiday markets, and towering Christmas trees all make for a very festive December. Here are some of the best places in the city that pack in all the festive vibes:
1. Looks like it could only happen in Christmas cards: Marvelous twinkling lights, a parade of horses and buggies circling a snowy village green. But in famous Policarpio Street, Mandaluyong, every year, as early as mid-November, houses are all decked out to depict the best holiday scenes, featuring stellar decor and just so many lights you won't be able to help it but be all happy and Christmas-y. You may even have to pinch yourself to believe that the charming spectacle in front of you is real!
2. Revel in the magic and get ready to ooh and ahh at the spectacular twinkling Christmas displays and their giant 100 foot Christmas tree all to be found at Araneta Center in Cubao. You surely can't deny its beauty, and needless to say, this inviting landmark certainly brings its A-game in terms of spreading holiday cheer.
3. Nothing gets you in the holiday spirit more than thousands of twinkling lights set to holiday music. If you're wondering where to find the best Christmas light displays in the Metro, look no further. Ayala Triangle Gardens Lights & Sound Show is back to make everyone in the family and the community, from kids, grandparents, neighbors, friends, feel all giddy and happy once more. Experience the million color combinations choreographed to your favorite holiday classics here every 30 minutes from 6PM to 10PM until January 8, 2017.
4. Take a break from Christmas shopping and check out this year's Christmas on Display at Greenhills Shopping Center in San Juan. The spectacle features life-sized reindeers, huge inflatable Santas and snowmen, Christmas carols blaring from loudspeakers, tens of thousands of lights and moving mannequins. This year's theme? One Life. One Story. One Fairytale. The show will be on every 30 minutes from 6PM to 12 midnight.
5. Have you been dreaming of a white Christmas? When it comes to guaranteeing one—Star City's Snow World is about as close as you can get here in our country. They have well-prepared Christmas decorations, props, and thick layers of frosty white flakes for the festive season. Definitely an obvious choice especially for kids who want a Christmas magic-like spirit and experience!
6. Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas this year at the Casa Santa Museum in Antipolo City, Rizal. It's a museum full of creative and colorful Santa ornaments, each designed to deliver holiday cheer! Plus, they also offer this place as a unique field trip destination to educate kids about Christmas traditions and cultures, and there's a real live Santa, too!
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Spark Your Joy—5 Ways To Curb Sad Vibes This Holiday Season
Photographs from news.abs-cbn.com, ayalatriangle.com, greenbulbpr.com, rizalprovince.ph, and phtravelexpress.com