1. Tutuban gets a makeover. Your perception of Tutuban Mall as a mere bargain hunter’s paradise is about to change, as Ayala Land has made improvements to the historical site, following its acquisition last year. A key hub for both Divisoria and the Philippine National Railway (PNR), the place has been given its due makeover, from restoring the two-story Tutuban Centermall building, to refreshing the adjacent three-story Prime Block, with both being connected by a pedestrian footbridge, and the addition of a 150-slot parking area.
The newly-renovated Tutuban station.
Presently, renovation work is being done on the station’s second floor, which will serve as a food court.
2. It’s still more fun in the Philippines! The Department of Tourism has made their final decision regarding the campaign slogan “It’s More Fun in the Philippines,” and that is to keep it. ““We will upscale and improve the new campaign using the same tagline,” DOT USec. Kat de Castro explained.
Considering the fact that the slogan has brought in more tourist arrivals since 2012 as seen in the graph above, the call to retain the slogan is definitely a good move for DOT.
3. Christmas in the Vatican. As Christmas is coming real soon (it’s 30 days before Christmas, BTW), the Vatican has started decorating for the holidays with the installation of a 25-meter high Christmas tree placed at the center of St. Peter’s Square. Making the tree special are the handmade ornaments decorating it: They are made by children undergoing treatment for cancer.
The tree, along with a life-sized Nativity scene, will be formally inaugurated on December 9, and will last until January 8 next year.
4. Goodbye 2NE1. K-Pop fans are still reeling from their shock upon learning today that girl group 2NE1, which Sandara Park is a memeber of, has disbanded for good, as announced by YG Entertainment. In their statement, they explained that they would rather focus on the solo careers of its members than waiting for 2NE1’s return as a group.
Heartbreak city for many 2NE1 fans...
While some respect the decision of YG Entertainment.
5. Donuts for the holidays! What better way for Krispy Kreme to celebrate its 10th anniversary in the Philippines than by offering a limited edition set of donuts, available starting today until December 11? Priced at P299, each box includes 6 Original Glaze donuts, 2 Crème Brulee donuts, 2 Tiramisu donuts, and 2 Churros donuts.
What are you waiting for? Head over to your nearest Krispy Kreme branch, ASAP!
6. Party in Escolta! If, by any chance, you will be in Manila tomorrow, you should drop by Escolta for the Escolta Block Party. From 11AM to 11PM, get to appreciate art and culture through exhibits, street bazaars, film showings, talks, and many more!
Performances from Fred's Revolución Escolta, Miguel Cortez Hernandez & Primo Chiko and Ana Beatriz Alonso Te, and presentations from Carlos Celdran, MMDA, British Council Philippines, The Public School Manila, 98B, Manila Who, and Heritage Conservation Youth highlight the day-long event.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Friends, Family, Turkey, And Touchdowns For Obamas' Holiday
Photographs from Karen Flores for News.abs-cbn.com, Krispy Kreme Philippines Facebook page, and Escolta Block Party Facebook page, and 2NE1 Facebook page.