1. An App for monitoring MRT congestion. Make your commute easier through this handy app called Traincheck from Sakay.ph which has just been launched online today. The app gives users live updates on congestion levels at the MRT, helping you schedule your commutes, and saving yourself some time from guessing if an MRT station is congested or not.
2. Words of wisdom from The Rock. Having had gone through a lot of struggles in his entire career, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson sure has authority to motivate. The recently-hailed Sexiest Man Alive's message to a teenager who has been battling depression? “Speak up, ask for help & you're never alone.”
Johnson's message is so relevant now more than ever, what with more and more people, both regular people and celebrities alike, dealing with mental illness; the latest celebrity seeking treatment for exhaustion and sleep deprivation being Kanye West (who would've thought, right?).
3. Corden for the Grammys. His uber entertaining “Carpool Karaoke” segments have not only impressed the viewing public, but even the very discerning music industry head honchos, so much so that James Corden has officially been tapped to host the 2017 Grammys. Considering his noteworthy hosting stint at the 2016 Tonys, we definitely can expect another exceptional act from Corden. "James is a commanding, dynamic showman who is perfect to host the Grammy Awards,” Recording Academy president and CEO Neil Portnow said in a statement.
4. Arguably the best Mannequin challenge to date. In efforts to match her epic Oscars Selfie two years ago, Ellen DeGeneres took the opportunity to do the mannequin challenge at the White House, where she and several individuals received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Pres. Barack Obama. How epic is it? Spotted in the video are Bill and Melinda Gates, Michael Jordan, Diana Ross, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Robert de Niro, Tom Hanks, Bruce Springsteen, and many more!
5. Instagram’s cool new features. The social media platform just launched two new features, both rolling out globally in the coming days: Live videos, and disappearing photos and videos in Instagram Direct. Through the former, users can do a live stream (up to as long as one hour) that will be broadcasted to all of their followers.
The latter, on the other hand, adds a creative twist to sending photo and video messages to your followers, which will now “disappear” once the recipient has viewed them.
6. A Funny indie film you must not miss. Cinema One Originals may have concluded, and the Metro Manila Film Festival is still weeks away, but you can still satisfy your indie film fix with Toto, which is showing today at select cinemas (Check their Facebook page for screening updates). Featuring Sid Lucero as the protagonist, the comedy movie won several awards in both local and international film festivals, which includes Best Actor at the LA Comedy Festival and Best Director at the MMFF New Wave Competition last year. Check out the trailer below.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Jodi Sta. Maria's Hairstyles For The iEmmys Spell W-I-N-N-E-R From All Angles
Photographs from twitter.com/j_corden and sakay.ph