1. Philippine team victorious in an international filmmaking competition. Just last night young filmmakers Migs Sotto and Jazmin Reyes, a radio DJ, bagged 1st runner up honors from The 5 Minute Video Challenge, a competition featuring short films that aim to connect people’s lives around the world.
Migs and Jaz with their prize check.
Jaz and Migs’ entry, entitled Pagnanakaw, talks about the journey of a Filipino in buying tofu that is enough to feed his whole family. The short narrative explained how people should only obtain what they need, and not get anything in excess, since obtaining anything in excess can equate to stealing.
“I never considered myself a filmmaker. Avid fan, Storyteller, producer maybe…Today, one story brought us to our wildest dreams and to Singapore,” Jaz said in her Instagram post. Watch their winning short film here:
2. Japan and New Zealand hit by an earthquake. Our social media feeds got rocked today following two major earthquakes: A 7.4 Magnitude earthquake in Japan, and a 6.0 magnitude earthquake in New Zealand. The former caused a meter-high tsunami strike along Fukushima’s coastline, while there is no tsunami warning for the latter.
3. Kanye really needs a break. Following a series of pretty stressful events which include his wife Kim Kardashian being robbed and held at gunpoint, his controversial pro-Trump remarks, and canceling all his remaining concerts, hip hop icon Kanye West was hospitalized. Reports say that he has been suffering from sleep deprivation and exhaustion, and chose to admit himself to the hospital for his own health and welfare. “He's a notorious workaholic, so balancing both that work–which is extremely important to him–and the rigors of the tour every night, it really wore him out," a source said. Get well soon Kanye!
4. Another uber ka-kilig pre-wedding video featuring Karel and Sean. As we await Karel Marquez’ wedding to fiancé Sean Farinas, the couple and premier Philippine wedding blog Bride & Breakfast is treating us all to a new pre-wedding video, now with Sean talking about the what ifs in their relationship, and his love for Karel. “It is you, and it has always been you,” Sean said in the video.
[related: Hot Stuff: Catch Karel Marquez Reprise Her Role On “50 Shades! The Musical Parody”]
Here's the team behind the video explaining their concept.
5. Camille Prats' stunning pre-nup photos have been released online. Camille Prats has shared photos from her prenup shoot with fiancé John Yambao in California. Along with the six photos Camille posted on her Instagram account, she describes their upcoming marriage as a life with "lots of love, happiness, and contentment in the simplest of things."
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Vice Ganda's Newly-Customized Van Is Just #Goals
Photographs screencapped from Karel and Sean's Pre-Wedding Video, and from The Five Minute Video Challenge Facebook Page