1. Janella's Disney Princess moment. Janella Salvador, along with original cast members Bituin Escalante, Morissette, Carla Laforteza, and Arman Ferrer, sang Disney classics at the Kia Theater for the 2016 staging of musical theatre production Tale as Old as Time. Janella as Anna / Rapunzel? A truly noteworthy performance, considering this is just Janella's third time to perform for Disney. See for yourself how she shone in this Disney-themed concert, here she is singing "For The First Time in Forever":
2. NU bags the Cheerdance Competition crown for the fourth time. From going tribal last year, the NU Pep Squad did a 360 and went futuristic this year, impressing everyone with their flawless and highly conceptual performance, earning them their fourth consecutive UAAP Cheerdance Competition title with an overall score of 711, their highest score in their four-peat winning streak (they scored 668 in 2015, 677.5 in 2014, and 696.5 in 2013). Check out NU’s futuristic routine below.
3. Kylie and Vice impart words of wisdom to single people. With Vice Ganda joking about Miss International 2016 Kylie Versoza's single status during her Gandang Gabi Vice guesting, the two ended up trying to outdo each other in delivering witty love quotes.
"The happiness you give is the happiness you have; you can't give what you don't have," Kylie said as a response to Vice's love-related punchline. Who did it better? Watch the video below; we'll leave the judging to you.
4. More than a dream fulfilled for Jodi. What used to be a dream for Jodi (that is, to be recognized internationally), is now a reality, after her Best Actress nomination at the International Emmy Awards. "This moment is a proof that dreams to come true," Jodi said upon receiving her medal at the iEmmys Nominee medal ceremony.
She is currently in New York with ABS-CBN Chief Content Officer Charo Santos Concio for the iEmmys festivities, which will culminate in the awards show proper on November 21, US time.
5. Mariel Rodriguez-Padilla has got her own momma squad! In her millions of Instagram followers, that is. As a first-time parent, Mariel Rodriguez-Padilla has been getting tremendous support from her fans: Those commenting on her photo are giving her tips on feeding her newborn, which include food recommendations, and groups Mariel should join.
6. We love our selfies so much. Time Magazine ranked Makati City as the "selfie capital," with 258 people talking a selfie per 1,000 people. Also part of the to 10 selfie capitals is Cebu City, taking the 9th spot. Now we really can't deny our fascination for selfies.
7. The Best of Cinema One Originals. Lily and Baka Bukas dominated the awards night, bringing home four and three awards, respectively. 2 Cool 2 Be Forgotten won Best Picture, while Jasmine Curtis-Smith won Best Actress for playing the role of a lesbian in Baka Bukas.
"We have a voice. I am with you guys whether I am LGBT or not. I stand with you guys and I will be with you all the way," Jasmine said in her acceptance speech.
ALSO READ: In Focus: 10 Celebrity Blogs You Should Check Out Now!
Photographs from Instagram.com/styarmagicphils, Instagram.com/jascurtissmith, Instagram.com/starstudiomag, Instagram.com/marieltpadilla, and Time Magazine