Red lips on a lady is such a classic look, but they can honestly be a pain to maintain. Here are a couple of professional tips on maintaining that statement rouge pout.
1. Make sure your lips are exfoliated and balmed about an hour before application. Nothing murders a beautiful lipstick look quicker than dry, chapped, skin. However before application, tissue off excess lip balm.
2. Pat and dab a thin layer of foundation or concealer around the perimeter of your mouth moving slightly over the lips as well then layer and rim your lips first with a layer of matching lipliner.
3. Apply lipstick in thin, worked-in and even layers instead of one thick layer.
4. Do the blotting and sandwich technique between each layer. Apply lipstick, blot, apply lipstick, and blot again.
5. Brush lips lightly at the end with a fluffy brush and translucent setting powder for added longevity.
Here's some added wisdom and professional guidance on red lip application by none other than celebrity makeup artist, Lisa Eldridge.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Professional Online Makeup Tutors for Boosting Your Know-How
Makeup, styling, and photographs by Julia Arenas, last photograph by Sara Black