Losing weight and keeping the pounds off isn't a quick or easy process, but a few simple diet tricks can be a big help along the way. And our favorites? Eating lots of protein, fiber, and healthy carbs.
Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the food you love. Rather, it’s about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, and stabilizing your mood.
We compiled recipes from FOOD Magazine's Healthy Eats event that sure make healthy eating look and taste sooooo good:
Supercharging Green Smoothie by The Superfood Grocer Carmela Cancio
Pop into a blender:
Base: 1 frozen ripe Lacatan banana
Add-on: 1/2 to 1 cup choice of fruit, e.g. 1 cup mango/pineapple/papaya,etc.
Handful (about 1 cup loose) of raw leafy greens, leaves only (e.g. kangkong, camote tops, etc.) (We recommend to start with kangkong or camote tops, as they have a very mild flavor)
Superfoods from The Superfood Grocer: 1/8 tsp The Super Maca Root Powder (Stress-Adaptogen, Deeper Sleep, Balanced Hormones)
1/8 tsp Spirulina (Antioxidants, Protein)
1 tsp Flax Seeds (Omega 3, Fiber)
1/8 tsp Camu Camu Berry (Vitamin C, Immunity Booster)
1/2 tsp Malunggay (All-around Philippine Superfood)
Water (depending on preferred thickness)
2-3 Ice cubes
Vegetable Delight with Wasabi Dip by Chef Sonia
2 cups carrots, sliced or cubed
2 cups cauliflower, cut
2 cups brocoli, cut
2 cups Baguio beans
2 cups baby potatoes
Steam all the vegetables using Tefal steamer.
Wasabi Dip by Chef Sonia
Ingredients: 2 cup sesame oil
8 TBS Lola Naty’s Salse de Soja (premium light soy sauce)
8 TBS calamansi juice
8 TBS coconut sugar
4 TBS wasabi paste
Whisk all ingredients using a hand mixer. Pour over the steamed vegetables and serve right away.
ARLA Vegetable & Sausage Noodle Soup by Chef Portia Baluyut
3 tbsp Olie OIl
2 tbsp ARLA Butter
10 cloves of garlic, minced
Half an onion (white), chopped
3 Italian sausage, cubed
200 g bacon, chopped
2 medium carrots, cubed
1 small brocolli head
a handful of fresh spinach
8 c Chicken stock
1/2 tsp dried basil.
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
4 slices of ARLA Cheddar cheese
2 c ARLA Full Cream Milk
250g uncooked pasta shells
1. In a large pot, pour olive oil and add 2 tbsp of ARLA Butter. Allow butter to melt for 1 minute.
2. Add bacon and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes and set aside.
4. Add garlic and onion. Cook until onion turns translucent. Add carrots and spinach and saute for another two minutes.
5. Add dried herbs and mix well. Pour chicken stock and let it simmer for five minutes.
6. Add milk and turn flame on low. Add back bacon and sausage. Throw in pasta noodles and continue to simmer for five minutes.
7. Add cheddar slices and stir until soup turn thick and cheesy.
8. Add broccoli florets and serve once pasta shells are cooked and broccoli is nice and tender.
Serve with a slice of bread.
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Mccoy de Leon and Elisse Joson Elevate Kilig To Brand New Heights
Photographs from Allan Sancon