You don't need to go skydiving or to have all the money in the world to be able to say you're making the most out of the life you've been blessed with. Actress and Dance Princess Maja Salvador shows you how to carpe diem your way through your existence without going broke:
[related: In Focus: A Glimpse of Easy Modern Living Maja Salvador Style through Her Family Home in Antipolo]
1. Get good education. Maja is a firm believer that getting your diploma is an important goal to achieve. She’s currently finishing her Business Administration course through AMA’s online education program, which she juggles with a busy showbiz career. She shares, “Good timing na pumasok ako sa AMA. At least, magkakaroon ako ng tool at kaalaman kung paano pinapatakbo ang business.” She adds, “Artista ako pero gusto ko may ibang achievements ako. Ang sarap pakinggan nun, di ba—artista ako, may trabaho na ako, may degree pa ako.”
2. Put up your own business. There will come a time when you’ll want your hard-earned money to be put to good use, so it’s practical to invest it in a business that will grow. Maja’s plan? “Gusto kong magkaroon ng sariling clothing line.” Sounds exciting!
3. Travel. Always give yourself a break. Her picks? “Lagi akong asa Bali. Iba yung effect niya sa'kin, parang bawat island na puntahan ko dun, nare-relax talaga ako.” Next on her bucketlist are Italy, Dubai, Turkey, and of course, Paris.
4. Get fit. This is the secret to Maja’s hot bod: She dances to sweat it out!
5. Have faith! “Pag ang tao may gusto, ibibigay yan ng Diyos,” Maja says. She advises to always believe—He’ll make it happen one day.