Looking for a valid reason to revamp your wardrobe? Here’s ten!
As fashion week season this year comes to an end, with designers from the world’s fashion capitals presenting their Spring/Summer 2017 collections, Pantone releases its "Spring 2017 Fashion Color Report" that shows which colors they predict would be really big for Spring/Summer of the coming year based on the colors that dominated the runways in New York, London, Milan, and Paris this past few weeks. And if you’re not one to miss the trend and you want to have the first dibs on everything that’s currently “in” or will be big in the months ahead, take a look at these color swatches to get a clue.
[related: Cheat Sheet: Here’s The Realistic Hair Coloring Guide Filipinas Should Follow For Best Results]
1. Niagara. No not the falls, although this color may actually be inspired by one of Canada’s famous tourists spots with its classic denim-like shade of blue. According to the report, Niagara is the most prevalent color for spring next year.
2. Primrose Yellow. This joyful shade of yellow reminds us of our happy place filled with cheers and enthusiam, and seems to be perfect for a fun summer getaway.
3. Lapis Blue. Those who have watched the film The Devil Wears Prada multiple times, will remember Meryl Streep’s character, the formidable Miranda Priestly mention Lapis as she explains to Anne Hathaway’s Andrea Sachs the different kinds of blue in relation to her sweater. As Pantone explains, this blue is imbued with an inner radiance that conveys energy.
4. Flame. Just by the sound of its name, you can already tell that this color is quite fiery. This red-based orange will add flamboyance and vivaciousness to your wardrobe, should you require it.
5. Island Paradise. This color arouses our desire to unwind. Its name alone, Island Paradise, is good enough for us to picture a beautiful scenery and a dreamy vacation. According to Pantone, this is actually a cool blue green shade, though by the looks of it, it seems like it's more inclined towards its blue roots.
6. Pale Dogwood. Any color with the word pale on its name gives us this sense of tranquility, and Pale Dogwood is no different. It has a subtle shade of pink infused with a healthy glow that radiates an aura of innocence and purity.
7. Greenery. It’s not just any green, it’s Greenery. It has a tangy yellow-green that speaks to our need to explore, experiment, and reinvent. Illustrative of flourishing foliage, the fertile attributes of Greenery signals one to take a deep breath, oxygenate, and reinvigorate.
8. Pink Yarrow. Whimsical and unignorable—that's how Pantone describes this shade of festive pink. And it's for this reason that we predict this color to be one of the colors that will blow up next year because really who wants to be ignored?
9. Kale. This foliage-based green seems to be screaming "adventure," as it evokes the vibe of the great outdoors and a healthy lifestyle. This will greatly complement the more vibrant tones in the color palette.
10. Hazelnut. If your style is more inclined towards the neutral side of the color spectrum, this unpretentious and warm shade effortlessly connects all seasons, which makes it perfect if you like to mix and match items.
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: 5 Fresh Fashion Looks To Take Your Weekend Style Up A Notch
Swatches from Pantone.com