When was the last time you were truly brave?
Truth be told, we don't really need to engage in grand gestures to show the world we're courageous—courage doesn't always necessarily mean having the guts to jump off a plane, or to perform in front of a large crowd. Cliche as it sounds, every day is a wonderful opportunity for us to step up and be brave. Ray-Ban's latest campaign, #ItTakesCourage, nails this whole go big or go home challenge so well through six compelling images that we're sure you can so relate to:
[related: The Six Fix: Here's How You Can Keep the Faith Even When You Think You Can't Anymore]
1. "Take that leap of faith in the name of love... whether it is with a lover, a sibling, or a complete stranger. Sometimes it’s more important to reveal who you really are. You might get surprised what you’ll get in return."
2. "Despite all the warnings, a runner continues to break through her barriers—keep on going even if so many signs seem to tell to you quit. Believe in the courage to power on in pursuit of dreams big and small."
3. "Start New: The courage to leave the past as past and move forward to a brighter future ahead. Don’t let any baggage get in the way of a new chapter in your life."
4. "Life’s too short to take criticism seriously. Stand up, be proud, and don’t let fear of judgement hold you back."
5. "[Have] the courage to reject society’s stereotypes and be happy being you. In this society where we all feel the pressure to achieve perfection, knock out false expectations. It takes courage to fight perfection and embrace the real you."
6. "It takes courage to ditch the screen and truly connect in the real world, where you meet real people with real feelings. Unplug and experience life outside the digital world."
ALSO READ: Daily Diaries: Danah And Stacy Gutierrez Have Legit Comebacks For Pinoys' Fat Shaming Hirits