With 1.5 million followers on Instagram, 13-year old Andrea Brillantes is, undeniably, one of the most influential young stars of her generation. Aside from her knack for acting, Andrea's awe-inspiring beauty is something we all admire that every time she posts a photo of herself on her social media accounts, ladies of all ages just can't help but to look at her as their peg. In her book #Goals published by ABS-CBN Publishing, Inc., Andrea shares her tried-and-tested tips on a gamut of topics teens like her can relate to, from fashion to how to ignore bullies. In this excerpt from her best-selling book, Andrea shows us the step-by-step on how to nail that #selfie-worthy makeupshe's known for:
1. Before I start applying makeup, I make sure to moisturize my skin first. I use Top-O Tropical Oxygen Supplement, a water-based product that helps keep skin healthy.
2. Once my skin has absorbed the water-based moisturizer, I apply primer. Primer helps reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines, resulting in a smooth canvas (a.k.a your pretty face). I dab it and spread evenly on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
3. Next up is concealer. I use a liquid concealer which I apply in strips under my eyes. Concealer is for covering up blemishes. In my case, I use it to lessen the darkness of my under eye circles.
4. Then apply blush on the apples of your cheeks. There are different types of blush—there’s liquid, gel, and cream. Personally, I prefer using powder blush, because it has a natural finish. For a fresher look, brush blush on your chin and across the bridge of your nose.
5. Curl your lashes (be careful!!!) and coat them with mascara. Acutally, I don’t like curling my lashes, but if you haven’t tried it yet, it’s a nice beauty trick because it opens up your eyes,
6. For my brows, since I already love them the way they are, I just groom them with a spoolie.
7. Highlight! To give your skin a touch of sheen, apply highlighter on the tip of your nose, chin, and temples.
8. Lastly, swipe some gloss on your lips. Choose a light berry or pink shade of lip gloss, for a youthful look.
For more tips and tricks like these, grab a copy of #Goals for only P195 in all leading bookstores nationwide.
ALSO READ: Fashion Face-Off: Who’s Your Style Barbie Doll—Mika Dela Cruz Or Andrea Brillantes?
Photographs by Rxandy Capinpin for #Goals courtesy of ABS-CBN Publishing, Inc.