When it comes to makeup, there are certain tricks that can be done that are guaranteed to make you look charming and beautiful. And as we know, that one little line can already transform your look in a big way, not to mention make you feel totally confident. Whether you love pencil, gel, or liquid; whether you’re a dedicated cat eye girl or prefer a more subtle look, we all know that finding—and deploying—the right eyeliner is a truly transformative experience.
"It can make or break your overall look. If you don't do it right, it could look like it's eyeshadow that's done very badly," says Effie Go-Inigo, makeup artist of celebrities Sofia Andres, Sarah Lahbati, Yeng Constantino, and many more. "Eyeliner can be dramatic or simple or just a pure enhancement style. So, depending on what style you want to achieve, and when done correctly, it will always give your overall look additional drama," she added.
Check out these different eyeliner styles that are sure to switch up any look:
1. Ylona Garcia. Because sometimes less can be more, so if this is your makeup philosophy, you'll love this eyeliner look. The perfect cat eyeliner is ever fashionable, very flattering for most eye shapes and delivers a sultry, mysterious look even when the rest of your makeup remains low key. First, trace your upper lashline, making a very thin line along your top lashes using a black eye pencil, extending up a bit towards the tail of your brow. Next, curl your lashes and add a coat of lengthening mascara.
2. Kelsey Merritt. If you are looking for an easy way to spice up your eyeliner, smudging it will do it! Just a quick little smudge on the outer edges or even on the bottom can really make all the difference on how beautiful your eyes will look! This smudged eyeliner can absolutely give off that sultry-grunge vibe.
3. Janella Salvador. Probably one of the simplest ways to accentuate your eyes, the semi-outlined eye! To recreate this cool look, use gel eyeliner and an angled brush to trace your lashline, kicking the liner out at the corner to create a winged effect. Then, using the same gel liner/angled brush combo, draw a line from the outermost part of the cat-eye to the halfway point of your bottom lashline and you're done!
4. Liz Uy. The cat eye eyeliner trick is, of course, one of the most common tricks out there, but undoubtedly, it looks sleek, elegant, and and unique, too. And yes, you can even spice it up by adding a sharper curve or even putting some color around it.
5. Alex Gonzaga. Now, here's a liner to keep it just subtle and teasing, the thin line! This look can be used for date night, the office, or even the grocery.
6. Mariel Rodriguez. You might not know exactly what a 'dropped eyeliner trick' is, but it's actually when you apply liner to half of your bottom lid. It's almost as if you are dropping the line off after halfway lining it. It's pretty, super stylish, and looks great, ladies!
ALSO READ: Cheat Sheet: Master These Four Makeup Techniques To Look On Point This Season
Photographs from Instagram.com/antheabueno, Instagram.com/mkqua, and Instagram.com/lala_flores16