Whether plain or patched, light-washed or dark, fit or loose, denim will always be a go-to item for every girl (and guy), not to mention a safe choice for every girl in a fashion emergency.
And just like every fierce fashionista knows, it's customizable—so yes, bring out all those DIY tools because denim is yours for the taking so you can let your inner creative let loose.
Celebrities know this all too well, and we're betting all their closets are filled with so many denim items like most of us. We know you have those jeans for quite some time now, so let these girls clue you in on what other permutations of denim is out there—to refresh your pile as well. We know you're eyeing Liza Soberano's outfits every single time—so here's hers and more you need to stock in your closet, asap!
1. High waist shorts. To show off that sexy waist, that is. Wear it like Elisse Joson and shop at Zalora for a great selection of high waist shorts in different cuts, patterns, and designs! Visit zalora.com.ph. [related: Cheat Sheet: Here's How to Wear Shorts for Your Every Summer Destination]
2. Cropped polo. It's comfy yet sexy—all while you're almost completely covered up. Wear it like Bela Padilla and shop at Bershka for more silhouettes and fit. Visit bershka.com/ph.
3. Shirtdress. It's next to your LBDs and LWDs, ladies. Wear it like Julia Barretto and shop at Bench for more casual edgy styles. Visit bench.com.ph.
4. Ripped skinny jeans. Casual turns elegant when worn by Liza Soberano, agreed? Wear it like Liza and shop at Kashieca for ladylike, sophisticated pieces. Visit kashieca.com.
5. Pencil cut skirt. It isn't just for formal occasions anymore—Arci Muñoz rocks her skirt like a true, well, (hot) rock star. Wear it like Arci and shop at Zara for midi-types, if you're on the more conservative side. Visit zara.com/ph.
6. Patched jacket. It's all the rage now—update your old, since-high school one and go crazy sewing it up to make it more modern and more you! Wear it like Sarah Lahbati and shop—surprise—inside your closet, whip out your art supplies, and go the DIY route! [related: Cheat Sheet: Update Your Look With These Cool Custom-Made Jean Jackets]
ALSO READ: Style Inspo: Kathryn, Janella, and Maris Reinvent the Timeless White Top
Photographs from Instagram.com/elissejosonn, Instagram.com/belapadilla, Instagram.com/juliabarretto, Instagram.com/lizasoberano, Instagram.com/ramonathornes, and Instagram.com/sarahlahbati.