Straightforward and honest: These two words best describe Mila Kunis and Halle Berry, who both worked their way up to becoming the successful actresses they are today. In addition to their personality, their bodies of work, which earned recognition and awards in the movie industry, also make them wonderful role models as well. We round up the most memorable quotes from their recent interviews:
1. “It’s so important because we both [she and husband Aston Kutcher] came from pretty solid poverty backgrounds and grew up very poor and are very much self-made and are very aware of what a dollar is worth. Nothing’s been handed to us.” – Mila on her parenting style, in efforts to raising children who know the importance of money.
2. “You go to these parties with 25 kids and they walk away with 25 presents. It’s like Christmas, and it’s just too much indulgence.” – Halle Berry on why she is not a fan of birthday parties on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
3. "I don't see myself as not-sexy, it's just not [one of] the top 40 adjectives I would use to describe myself. But I do see myself as confident, but if someone sees me as sexy I'm not going to argue that and say 'no I'm not, you're crazy' I'll just say 'thank you' politely." – Mila on being described as sexy in an interview.
4. “I’m a daredevil. If you dare me to do something, unless I see immediate death in my future, I will try it.” – Halle on taking risks on trying new things, such as zip lining in Hawaii and petting a great white shark, in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres.
5. "I don't live to work; I work to live. I never took my career too seriously before. After becoming a mom, I definitely don't." – Mila on prioritizing her personal life over her career, as she said in an interview with The Telegraph.
6. “Whenever you're going through anything in life, when you step outside yourself and focus on others, that's always the best remedy for any situation that you'd rather not be dealing with." – Halle on dealing with her split from husband Olivier Martinez.
ALSO READ: Daily Diaries: Girls, These Photos of Chris Hemsworth Will Have You Raising Your Standards
Artwork by Jana Jimenez. Photographs from Mila Kunis and Halle Berry's Official Facebook Pages