Remember that time when a reporter from the digital realm of international magazine Teen Vogue trooped to the Washington leg of James Reid and Nadine Lustre's JaDine in Love World Tour to interview them?
[related: Hot Stuff: Catch JaDine Soon in A Top International Teen Magazine!]
Well, wait no longer: The famed teen title's website has finally released its story on the influence JaDine has on Filipinos here and abroad. Written by Teen Vogue Digital Entertainment writer Isis Briones, a Filipina herself, it explores the phenomenon of love teams in the Philippines, and why JaDine stands out from among the slew of current and developing love teams in the Philippines.
Her interview with Team Real tackles the ins and outs of a love team, the beginnings of JaDine, the pressure that goes with their fan’s expectations, and how fans deeply appreciate their authenticity, both on-cam and off-cam Here are our top trivia picks from the article that even non-JaDine fans would appreciate:
1. On the essence of love teams in the Philippines: "The secret is their willingness to work together—hence the term 'team'—to meet the extremely high expectations of hopeless romanticism."
2. On what makes JaDine stand out: "A partnership that started out as a mere example of what ideal love looks like transformed into a real, undeniable romance that the country fell head over heels for."
3. On the perks of being a love team: “'If you’re in a love team, you get all of the projects together. You’re a package deal,' says Nadine."
4. On what they love about their fans: "'[Filipinos] are some of the most romantic people. They can take cheesy all day and no one says anything bad about it,' says James."
5. On why Filipinos love to “ship” celebrity love teams: "Regardless of whether they've dated off-camera, consistently seeing two people team up over and over again instills the hope that there really is one perfect person out there for everyone."
6. On what Filipinos (and non-Filipinos) can learn from love teams: "No matter what point you are in finding 'the one,' seeing someone have their own fairytale ending can help you believe that yours is out there, too."
Read the full article of Teen Vogue on JaDine here.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Kilig Ways James Reid and Nadine Lustre Are Making Beautiful Music Together
Banner photograph from ABS-CBN PR