True love knows no boundaries. One may get hurt and confused in the process of fostering a good relationship, but these scars are, more often than not, the ones that strengthen the bond between you and your partner. Joey Mead King, for her part, went through ups and downs when it comes to dealing with her partner Ian/Angie Mead King’s sexual orientation in the 10 years they have been in a relationship, but through it all, stills loves Angie 100 percent.
From Angie’s interests in exotic cars to her beauty and fashion journey, Joey has always been there to support her partner’s passions. In an interview with Rogue Magazine, she opened up about their beautiful relationship, and we've compiled six quotes from her that will make you believe in love beyond boundaries and conventions:
1. "I think the barriers have been broken by the unconventional love we have for each other."
2. "When you love someone, it’s so painful. It makes you realize how important and how much they mean to you.”
3. “I actually feel like it’s meant to be, that it was going to be me to introduce her to a whole different life that she [Angie] never had when she was younger.”
4. "I’m not fazed at how will you look. Nothing. I don’t see it. I just see that I love you."
5. "It’s gonna be a roller coaster, but I’m gonna ride it until the wheels fall off—because I have fought hard for love."
6. "Silence the mind, open the heart."
ALSO READ: Love Actually: How Angie and Joey Keep on Proving that Love Wins
Banner photograph by Mark Nicdao, courtesy of Rogue Magazine