Who knew Vice President Leni Robredo can relate to our hugot feels so well? Check out these quotable quotes from her past speeches and interviews that we can all live by:
1. Love yourself first before you love others.
2. When there’s an opportunity, take advantage of it, even if it means forgetting about pride.
“Kahit pa ibababa mo ang lahat ng pride kailangan mo iyon gawin kasi not everyone is given this opportunity” – Leni on being elected as vice president, as she shared at the Christian Life Community Thanksgiving Mass.
3. And forget about leading people on, too. Just say what you feel!
“I’m facing a blank page, so turuan n'yo ako kung paano po namin kayo matutulungan” – Leni on her message to Philippine artists after visiting a benefit exhibit entitled “Artist’s Hand: From Stage to Canvas”.
4. In life and in love, nothing worth having comes easy.
“Lahat nang nangyayari sa akin kailangan ko muna paghirapan ng grabe bago ko makamtan” – Leni Robredo on trailing behind Sen. Bongbong Marcos by a slim margin during the vote count after the elections.
5. Moving on, more than anything, means learning from the past and vowing never to make the same mistakes again.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Baste, Billy, Jason, and Kean Are Proof that We Should Stop Stereotyping Tattooed Men
Banner photograph from Leni Robredo's official Twitter account