Filipinos have been giving their messages of thanks and encouragement to the Gilas National Team, even if they did not manage to secure a slot for the upcoming Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. For those who have watched the boys' home games, they saw how each Gilas player gave his best as they went against New Zealand and France, two international teams that have NBA-caliber players in their roster.
Here are the best messages of encouragement we have spotted over on Twitter.
1. Gilas’ potential in going head-to-head with international teams was clearly seen in those games against France and New Zealand.
2. After all, Gilas fought hard until the end.
3. Their performance is a reason why we should be proud as Filipinos.
4. Critics of Gilas should instead trust the process of building up the team.
5. The secret of Team Gilas throughout the tournament? They played with heart.
6. This early, people are already excited about Gilas’ preparation for future competitions:
7. Let’s all remember that our quest for an Olympic medal (or any international basketball game medal) continues after the Olympic Qualifiers:
ALSO WATCH: Hot Stuff: Dominique Cojuangco Gives Basketball a Try
Banner photograph from twitter.com/ancalerts