By Angela Manalo
It's time to bid adieu to summer for most us, as school officially begins this month. But instead of complaining about returning to class, why not get yourself in the mood with this back-to-school playlist? Turn up your speakers with these latest upbeat tunes while prepping for the day, or even walk to class with your headphones on for some motivation!
[related: The Six Fix: New Music Artists to Save You From Getting Annoyed When Stuck in Traffic]
1. "This Is What You Came For" – Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna. After a couple of months of not seeing your friends, they’re partly the reason why you're okay with being back in school and this song is perfect for getting you even more excited to seeing them again.
2. "Can’t Stop The Feeling" – Justin Timberlake. Such an upbeat song to listen to while commuting to and from school.
3. "Seventeen" – Alessia Cara. Ah, the wonder age. This song will inspire you to loosen up and enjoy your teen years while in school. Absorb all the things you will be learning and treasure all the memories!
4. "No Money" – Galantis. This song might inspire you to save your baon and, from the lyrics, to leave your money at home.
5. "Castaway" – King Deco. Got summer hangover or found yourself in a hot romance during the scorching season that was? This song is perfect for reminiscing all the feels on the first day of school.
6. "Something In The Way You Move" – Ellie Goulding. Play this song in the AM while carrying out your morning routine and get good vibes all day!
7. "Young" – Beach Youth. A mellow song perfect for describing the beauty of youth!
8. One More Time – Craig David. A funky song that will motivate you while doing your homework.
9. "This One’s For You" – David Guetta ft. Zara Larsson. Another picker-upper to keep you psyched throughout the year. Remember, there will be hard times, not just in school, but probably also with your relationships. But if you and your squad just stick together, you’ll all get through it!
10. "Can't Go Home" - Steve Aoki & Felix Jaehn feat. Adam Lambert. Well, you literally can’t go home unless you’re done with your acads stuff! Solution: Work your butt off and do good at school!
ALSO READ: In Focus: Taylor Swift: A Timeline of Romance and Style