Need a picker-upper after school but you still have loads to do once bell rings? Worry no more—visit one of these cafes that will give you that much-needed boost and inspire you to get on with your school work, stat. These cafes are themed in such a way that motivates students to take learning for fun, whether they are into science or literature or the arts. Curious yet? Read on!
[related: The Six Fix: Too Funny Back-to-School Memes Serving Unli Good Vibes]
1. Bubba Lab Cafe. You'll have a new title once you step inside their establishment—Labmate. And you'll also be greeted by their scienTEAsts (their staff) and be willingly served with your orders that come in beakers and syringe and funnels. Yes, you read that right—this cafe will satisfy your love for yummy fares and chemistry, starting with a look at the periodic table of elements on their wall. Their menu, rather. Must-trys: Super Nova (snack set of all your favorites—nachos, fish, calamari, and potato wedges) and Matcha Frappe. Also, they are currently running their Summer Lab'in Color Splash Bond Card Promo, which will win you a limited-edition Color Splash Color Me Doodle adult coloring book to keep your stress levels at bay. Located at 3 J.P. Rizal Street corner Malong Street, Quezon City; Extension B, C&B Circle Mall, Liwasang Kalayaan Avenue, Marikina City, and Graceland Plaza J.P. Rizal Street Barangay Lamuan Malanday, Marikina City.
2. The Study Idea Space. Need to concentrate on next week's quiz? Here's your haven, finally—a quiet place with comfort food within easy reach. Choose your spot (either cozy up by the wooden tables or pick a cubicle to hide from the outside world for a while) and study away. They have free WiFi, too, in case you need to do a bit of researching on the side. Must-trys: Morning Riser Sandwich or Mexican Sandwich for a filling snack and down it with their Cinnamon Frappe. Located at Regis Center, 2nd Floor, 324 Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City.
3. Cool Beans Cafe. Literally bury yourself in books here—a great selection of reads await you at this cafe! But aside from John Green favorites or The Song of Ice and Fire series, they also have a rack full of NatGeo Magazines. So if you need a print reference for your term paper, there's your perfect excuse to drop by and have a nice meal, too! Must-trys: The Chicken Pesto Panini and Vigan Longganisa Penne are total winners. Get a mug of highland coffee, too, to perk up your senses. Located at 67-B Maginhawa Street, UP Village, Quezon City.
4. Uke Box Caffe. Learn the basics of a ukelele even if you're not a music major: Bring your uke and attend their workshops. And oh, did you know that they shot the music video of Born for You here with Janella Salvador and Elmo Magalona? [related: Style Spotlight: The Chicest Looks from Born for You Red String Premier] Next project: Recreating that MV = practice videography skills. Win-win! Must-trys: Their selfie lattes, of course. Isn't a cup with your beaming self inspiring enough to keep you going? Located at 187 Village Center Euloguio Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Barangay Bagumbayan, Libis, Quezon City.
5. Caffera Photo + Cafe. And speaking of selfies, photography enthusiasts will surely love what this cafe has in store for them. For those who have photography classes for this sem, this is the right place to start practicing those skills—and print and post it on their photo wall (include your calling card, because you'll never know who's gonna notice your work!). Must-trys: Everything. Choose your filter—we mean, drinks, from their wide range of beverages in cute lens mugs. Located at 2/F Dona Zenona Suites, 54 Maginhawa Street corner Mahusay Street, UP Village, Quezon City.
ALSO READ: The Booky Report: Top 10 Most Loved Restaurants in Quezon City for June 2016
Photographs from ABS-CBN Entertainment's Youtube Channel, Instagram.com/thestudy_ideaspace, Instagram.com/coolbeans_ph, Instagram.com/ukeboxcaffe, Instagram.com/caffera_ph and by Jazon Roque (Bubba Lab).