Still not sure how you'll celebrate Father’s Day with your old man? Here's a rundown of the cool activities you can do for every kind of dad out there:
1. For the fashionable dad: He always make sure that his OOTDs are on point and stylish enough for him to make a positive impression on his peers and colleagues. Elevate your dad's look by picking out pieces that match his signature style.
Our Recommendation: Check out menswear stores Erb and Chet (Located at Eastwood Citywalk 2, Orchard Rd, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, and also online), which has over 100 buttondown shirts and shoe styles to choose from, and Felipe and Sons (Located at Mezzanine A, LPL Mansions San Agustin St., Salcedo, Salcedo Village, Makati, and online), which offers custom-fit menswear pieces to suit your dad's built and taste.
[related: The Roundup: Deals, Contests, and Promos to Watch Out For This June]
2. For the active dad: Going on a hike, camping in the wilderness, and running along forest trails are his definitions of fun. How about bringing him to a place where he can indulge his challenge-loving self?
Our Recommendation: Go on a hike with dad! Whether you choose to go to Mt. Daraitan, Mt. Pico de Loro, or Mt. Pulag, you'll surely have fun going up the slopes with him. Book a trip with Trail Adventours (contact them at +632-8023401, +63917-5827517, email them at [email protected]), or with 8 Wonders Travel and Tours (contact them at +632-5424266, +632-8468361, +63917-5105706, +63998-5381685, or email them at [email protected]@gmail.com) to save yourself from the hassle planning on your own brings.
[related: Look Up, Step Out: Is Hiking Just Another Growing Fad?]
3. For the foodie dad: He likes treating the family to lunches and dinners out on weekends, opting for the latest food haunts and new cuisine. For a change this Father's day, do the choosing and make sure he's in for a wonderful surprise.
Our Recommendations: Check out these fresh restaurant concepts: The Japanese market-inspired Ichiba (located at 2/F Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila, Pasay City), the laidback food haunt Alley (located at The Retail Row at The Grove By Rockwell, E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Pasig), which serves mouthwatering classic foodie faves with an unparalleled twist, the dollhouse-inspired Little Chalet (located at Ground Floor, Robinson’s Mall, Malolos, Bulacan), or a French style bakery like Boulangerie 22 (with branches at G/F, Eton Baypark Manila; TM Kalaw corner Roxas Boulevard, Manila; G/F Natividad Building, Chino Roces Avenue Extension, Makati City; GL2 One Legaspi Park Condominium, Rada Street, Legaspi Village, Makati; Unit 26 The Portal, Mayflower corner United Street, Greenfield District, Mandaluyong; Madison Galleries, Don Jesus Blvd., Alabang Hills, Alabang; Yoree at BGC The Forum 7th Street cor 25thAvenue; Yoree at Molito, Alabang; and SM San Lazaro).
[Related: The Booky Report: Top 10 Most Loved Restaurants in Metro Manila for June 2016]
4. For the geeky dad: He may be a golden boy, but he knows (and has them memorized by heart!) the characters and stories of major superhero tales like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and movies like Star Wars, Die Hard, and Mission Impossible. With the creators and writers of these superheroes and movies crafting new stories in recent years, buying comic books, graphic novels, toys, or other memorabilia will help keep your dad up to date on his geeky interests.
Our Recommendation: Spend Father’s Day at Yexel’s Toy Museum (located at 52 Sampaguita Road, Las Pinas City), where they have all the toys you and your father will surely ooohhh and ahhh after. We also suggest heading to Comic Odyssey (with branches at Bonifacio High Street, Robinson's Galeria, and Alabang Town Center) if you plan to gift comic books and graphic novels to your dad, and Arigatoys (Located at 2nd Floor, Ushio Plaza 2, 79 Timog Avenue, South Triangle, Quezon City; email them at [email protected]gmail.com) if toys are what you want to give him.
[related: Sights to Behold: Unconventional Museums People of All Ages Will Love]
5. For the fitspo dad: His discipline in keeping fit puts younger you to shame. Step up to the challenge by considering workout sessions as your perennial bonding activity.
Our Recommendation: Prove who is stronger between the two of your with Crossfit at CFMNL (with branches in Alabang, Bonifacio Global City, Eastwood, Makati, Pasig and San Juan; contact them at +63917-5821338), Circuit training at 360 Fitness Club (with branches in Timog, Ortigas, and Alabang; contact them at +632577-7807, +632576-6461, +63917-5600360, +63949-8897868, or email them at [email protected]), or High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) at Elorde Gym (with branches at Makati, Katipunan, and Gilmore; contact them at +63915-4484448).
[related: Fitspiration: Piolo and Iñigo Pascual, Hot Father and Son Workout Buddies]
6. For the artsy dad: He sees everyday objects, no matter how mundane these are, as sources of inspiration for his projects. As the proud son or daughter that you are, show support for your dad's artistic pursuits by enrolling him in classes to further enhance his skills.
Our Recommendation: To support your dad's artistic endeavors, be on the lookout for the workshops Fully Booked (located at Bonifacio High Street, Taguig) has to offer. Also, places like Common Room PH (Located at 325 Dela Rosa Street, Katipunan, Quezon City), A Space (located at 110 Legazpi Street, Makati City), and Office Project Coworking Studio (Located at Unit 1C Alpha Salcedo Condominium, Bautista Street, Makati City) hold art-related workshops once in a while.
[related: Artsy Cool: Calligraphy, A Beautiful Way of the Hand]
ALSO READ: Hot Stuff: Working Mom Pays Tribute to Hardworking Dads this June
Banner photograph from instagram.com/jerichorosalesofficial