"WWCD (what would Charo do?)?" is a pretty good question to ask yourself if you need to resolve something; Charo being, of course, Charo Santos-Concio, one of the most influential women in the country, and perhaps in all of Asia, former ABS-CBN President and now Chief Content Officer and a true visionary in the field of entertainment media and communications—so you definitely can't go wrong. Here are six nuggets of wisdom we learned from her recent exclusive interview with the King of Talk, Boy Abunda:
1. "Ito, paper clip. Simpleng bagay sa karamihan sa atin pero sa isang tao, maaring mahalaga ito dahil maaring may kuwento sa likod nito." It really is all a matter of perspective, so don't take things for granted.
2. “I gave them the freedom and the space to run the show.” Foster creativity in the workspace by encouraging people to step up and share their ideas. This will also help take some load off your back.
3. “It is only when the viewers say, 'We're done with it,' that I will let go.” Always strive to keep on improving your craft and making the most out of each moment, but when it's time to let go do it with grace.
4. “Just reading the stories of these people made me more compassionate and more empathetic.” Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
5. “Kahit na paborito ko, kung hindi bagay sa kanya yung role, eh bakit ko naman ipipilit.” Don't let personal biases get in the way of your decision-making.
6. “Allow them to pursue their dreams, their passions.” Be as generous to others as the universe was to you.
ALSO READ: In Focus: Charo Santos-Concio is the Timeless Beauty We All Aspire to Be
Banner Photograph by Sany Chua