One of the most important COMELEC rules for election day is, no taking of photos of/with your ballot and inside the precinct. But as we all very well know, if there’s a will, there’s a way. Document your participation in making the Philippines a better place without breaking the rules using these celebrity-approved techniques of taking election selfies and nail-fies (gotta show off that indelible-inked, finger!):
1. Keep it simple a la Maricar Reyes-Poon and Mariel Rodriguez-Padilla, snap a selfie in your car or somewhere else private—your satisfied post-voting smile is the best accessory.
2. A plain white background is best to make your nail-fie stand out, plus it'll look great for your feed goals, too. Right, Kathryn Bernardo?
3. But a play on textures make for an interesting nail-fie as well. Check out this photo by Matteo Guidicelli.
4. If selfies aren't your thing, make yourself more comfortable with the idea by asking a family member or a friend to join you in the photo. MYX VJ Ai dela Cruz's post-voting snap of choice is one with her dad.
5. Or take couple nail-fies with your beau! Here's Heart Evangelista-Escudero and her husband's nail we-fie.
6. Or you can always just take a photo of that inked thumb you used to mark your voter's attendance, to express your approval like Atom Araullo did.
7. Another nail-fie background idea: Nature—and let your indelible-inked forefinger point to the heavens to symbolize that you're lifting it all up to Him, just like Erich Gonzales.
8. But if chill is the name of your game, Kean Cipriano's got you covered—the casual, look-away route is your best bet.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: How to Keep Your Friendships Intact this Heated Election Season
Photographs from Instagram.com/kapamilyatfc, Instagram.com/iamhearte, Instagram.com/aidelacruz, Instagram.com/bernardokath, Instagram.com/keanedward, Instagram.com/maricareyespoon, Instagram.com/marieltpadila, Instagram.com/erichgg, and Instagram.com/matteoguidicelli