The Philippine tourism industry continues to boom, and while big resorts and hotels and mainstream destinations all over the archipelago give us many reasons to be proud to be Pinoy, there are under-the-radar destinations in our islands that just have to be discovered by the world—but before everyone else does, why don't we enjoy first dibs and bask in the beauty of these places in our homeland? Morning show Umagang Kay Ganda featured a few of these destinations just waiting to be discovered by tourists, and the best activities to enjoy in each one:
1. Go spelunking and marvel at the clear waters of Aran Cave in Tuba, Benguet.
2. Roam around Jovellar underground river and go on an adventure at Naglaus Cave in Jovellar, Albay.
3. Go on a 3KM eco-adventure at Buhatan River in Sorsogon City, Sorsogon.
4. Polish your surfing skills in Gubat, Sorsogon.
5. Dip into the cold spring resorts in South Cotabato and General Santos.
ALSO READ: Look Up, Step Out: Cool Down in these Cozy Tagaytay Accommodations
Banner photograph courtesy of Choose Philippines. Videos from ABS-CBN News YouTube Channel.