Mothers' Day happens only once a year, and it's especially important to at least honor our moms on this day, if you're really just too busy to bond with her every day, for all the things they did for us. From our fetus days to our adult selves, our moms have always been there for us, so why not go the extra mile for her just as she did and still does for you? We've got some suggestions that will surely put a huge smile on her face:
1. Start her morning great. Wake up earlier than usual and let your mom sleep a little longer. In her stead, assemble a simple breakfast, like healthy granola with fresh fruits and a cup of brewed coffee or marmalade on toast with strips of bacon and some butter and hot chocolate, and serve it to her in bed. [related: The Six Fix: Recipes That Will Upgrade Your Mornings] To make it more celebratory, surprise her with a cupcake, too! Once she wakes up, greet her a Happy Mother's Day and kiss her on the cheek. That simple gesture will make her heart melt instantly, no fail.
2. Treat her to a relaxing day. Relieve her stress with a quick escape to a spa. Indulge her for hours with a facial, a good massage, or a scrub. If you're spending the day in the city, CHI The Spa at EDSA Shangri-La Manila or Devarana Spa in Dusit Thani Manila are great options, with their wealth of service offerings. For a brief out-of-town spa experience that's one-of-a-kind, The Farm at San Benito in Batangas or Nurture Wellness Village in Tagaytay are great getaways. Complete the experience with a mani-pedi. We know our moms love getting their nails done, so stop by Maison by Nail Spa, Nail Tropics, or St. Nails Nail Spa to prettify her digits. [related: Sights to Behold: Nail Salons Too Cute You'd Want to Stay Longer In]
3. Arrange a dinner-movie date. If you're too busy because you're always spending time in school, at work, or hanging out with your friends, now's the time to spend QT with her. Get a table for two at her favorite restaurant and watch the latest cheesy film (This Time and Just the 3 of Us are top picks!) and share laughs and kilig the whole night.
4. Enroll her in a yoga class. With the many benefits yoga brings, maybe you can convince your mom to try it out, even just for a day. Besides from a relaxing experience the breathing and poses bring, she'll feel the sweat and toxins escaping the body. If she likes it, extend this gift to a month's membership. Beyond Yoga and Bliss Yoga's various classes are lovely places to jumpstart mom's yoga journey.
5. Surprise her with her favorite things. Write her a letter, buy her chocolates and flowers, collect your cute photos on Facebook and print those out, and throw these inside a box along with a few more things she loves. It can be a mug if she's a coffee drinker, or an apron if she's always in the kitchen. It's deeply touching to know that someone remembers what you like.
6. Book an island getaway. If you have the budget, go all out and plan a trip for the whole fam! Since the best times are shared with the most cherished people in one's life, you mom will no doubt have an unforgettable vacation with her favorites by her side. Hotels like the Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island in Cebu or Mandala Spa and Resort Villas in Boracay offer great packages you'll enjoy, from water activities to great food selections to a fabulous retreat set in a beautiful island. Remember to take lots of pictures to remember summer of 2016—best gift to mom!
ALSO READ: Family First: How Team Kramer Seamlessly Does Beach Vacays
Photographs by Carlo Ledesma from Instagram.com/catjuanledesma (banner), and from Instagram.com/happinessboxed and Instagram.com/nadzlustre Screencapped photo from Viva Entertainment's Youtube channel.