By Hannah Locsin
Got so much time on your hands now that school's out? Here's a list of fun things to try to keep the boredom away:
1. Say yes to adventures. No summer is complete without a trip with your loved ones. There are 7,107 islands in the Philippines to choose from, and so many days that can be the perfect time to go. Budget local, and even international, trips are possible if you do your research. Have you heard of voluntourism? That’s another option to consider. You can combine your skills and passion for traveling, for a good cause. (Check www.voluntourism.org)
Seeing the world one place at a time
2. New term, New You. Want something new to surprise your classmates with when school starts again? Take a risk, and change up your style. You can always lots of find style inspiration online or in fashion magazines.
3. Job hunting. Have you always thought that summer jobs don't exist in the Philippines? Search online for openings, and you’ll be surprised to find many opportunities to choose from. In case you already have a company in mind, don’t be afraid to send them an email! After all, there’s no harm in trying. There are many companies, big and small, that open up internship programs for those wanting to gain work experience. Not only will you be productive, it’s a great way for you to meet new people and beef up your resume for the future.
4. Unleash a hidden talent. If you think you don’t have a hidden talent, you’re most probably wrong. Try out new things that you never thought of doing, and you might just shock yourself.
5. Mall haul. You know you’re a Filipino when you make palamig in the mall, at least once a month. And, who can blame us, what with the intense summer heat? While chilling at the mall, why not buy a few closet staples that are perfect for the weather and for the new term ahead. If you don't have room in your closet, set up a garage sale to earn a few pesos for your savings and even for charity!
6. Enjoy the concert scene. Nothing is better than being in the presence of your favorite artists and getting to sing your current LSS along with them. Catch Little Mix, Of Monsters and Men, and Jason Derulo on stage as they sing their latest hits live in Manila this summer.
Hannah at Paradise International Music Festival
Article by Hannah Locsin. Photographs from Instagram.com/hannahvlocsin
PMAP Talks is the official Lifestyle column of the Professional Models Association of the Philippines. Visit their website and follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
ALSO READ: PMAP Talks: 10 Creative Hobbies to Try This Summer