This soft, fluffy bread with a creamy and sweet filling is luscious both inside and out, perfect for summer especially when topped off with a sprinkle of a season favorite, coconut.
1000g Bread Flour
120g Egg Yolks
1. Mix all ingredients for five minutes except for the butter.
2. Continue mixing while slowly adding butter, bit by bit. Continue mixing until the gluten has been fully developed.
90g Egg Yolks
1/2pc Vanilla Bean
1. Boil the milk and the vanilla bean in a sauce pan.
2. On a separate bowl, mix the yolk, sugar, cornstarch, and fllour. Pour the boiling milk in the egg yolk mixture while stirring.
3. Pour the entire mixture back to the sauce pan. Cook over medium heat while constantly stirring with a whisk until mixture thickens.
4. Once the mixture thickens, add butter and cover using clean wrap. Set aside.
1. Get 55g of the brioche dough and round it. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin and place it inside a cup. Allow to proof for around 1 to 1.5 hours.
2. Pipe the custard mixture in the middle. Slice 1/3 of a peach half into a fan-shaped size then place it on top of the custard mixture.
3. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for around 10 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for a few minutes. After it has been cooled, apply glaze on the sides and sprinkle it with the desiccated coconut.
ALSO READ: Kitchen Whiz: An Easy-to-Make Cake for When Life is Isn't Quite So Easy
Recipe by Kumori Japanese Bakery's Chef Kharolyn Ang and Chef Liezl Lucena demonstrated during the "FOOD Tastings Summer Picnic Eats" event. Photograph from Instagram.com/ginnymata