When technology boomed and smartphones were easily made available for people with a few bucks to spare, taking photos has since been a part of almost anyone’s daily life. Keeping a memory in your pocket, or simply going back to a beautiful sight at the touch of your fingertips has never been easier.
The other day, we scavenged the web and picked out the first batch of the most photographed landmarks. And now, we give you the second half:
1. Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo, Japan. The busiest intersection in the world, Shibuya Crossing is just bustling with colorful billboards and neon lights. Best shot when the stoplights go green and people move altogether coming from different directions.
2. Taj Mahal, Agra, India. A part of a UNESCO World Heritage Centre, this ivory-white marble mausoleum is an ultimate symbol of love of an emperor to his favorite wife. Best shot on daylight when the sun hovers at the majestic white interiors and a reflection is made on the waters before it.
3. Sydney Opera House, Australia. One of the 20th century's most distinctive buildings, the Sydney Opera House has been home and center to performing arts in the city. Best shot while riding a ferry going to Manly Beach so you can picture it in all its entirety.
4. The Colosseum, Rome, Italy. Made of concrete and sand, The Colosseum is the largest oval amphitheater ever build in the world. Best shot under daylight so you can marvel at all the structure’s beautiful details.
5. Times Square, New York, USA. An excellent spot for people watching, Times Square is also known for its undeniable vibrancy and energy. Best shot on New Year’s Eve, because, Ball Drop.
6. Tower Bridge, London, England. One of the most iconic bridges in the world, The Tower Bridge is best shot when you can get lucky and see it open for a ship to pass through; and also at night, where you can enjoy and relax as the bridge’s lights come on.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: A Traveler’s Guide to the Most Photographed Landmarks (Part 1 of 2)
Photographs from Instagram.com/alienchrisblog, Instagram.com/gazhaip_galamshar, Instagram.com/brixlifts, Instagram.com/sharlyk81, Instagram.com/patryskad, and Instagram.com/paulkporter