By now, you’ve probably started moving your collection of pants towards the back part of your closet—and we can’t blame you, it’s just becoming too hot and humid already and a day in stuffy trousers just wouldn’t cut it anymore. You’d probably wear skirts all day, every day, and shorts to the office if you just could, so you can save yourself from that sticky and uncomfy feeling that comes from being covered up, yes?
But, of course, realistically-speaking, you really can’t be in too short anythings all the time. Most companies aren’t too forgiving when it comes to office dress codes, and do you really want to send the wrong signals if you’re always in almost-beachwear? Always abide by the rule of proportions: If you do opt to don short skirts, keep it formal up top by way of buttondowns, scoopneck shirts, and blazers.
For sure though, there will be days when you’d want to wear a lot of those comfy, airy sheer tops and camisoles, too right? And a lot more days where you’d be asked to wear pants? We've compiled six pairs of jeans and trousers that will be a breeze to wear this summer—beauties Kendall Jenner, Sandara Park, Liza Soberano, Jessy Mendiola, and Jasmine Maierhofer think so, too:
1. Denim culottes. This pair on Kendall Jenner is made of light material that will let your skin breathe, a great permutation of the hot pant trend that scream cool girl all over. You can wear this with cropped tops like she did for casual days, as well as with your usual corpo-blouses for work. Culottes, available at Penshoppe
2. Printed palazzo pants. This cut is easy to move around in and totally not heavy—get it in a floral design like Liza Soberano’s for a more fun vibe. Palazzo pants are your best bet if you have a major presentation or event. Palazzo pants by Sheiralyn Lim, available at 33-B Scout Borromeo, Quezon City
3. Cropped jeans. If hip street style is more your thing, cropped jeans a la Sandara Park’s perfectly fit into your wardrobe—they'll go so well with your fave shirts and cotton pullovers. Jeans, available at Penshoppe
4. Chiffon or crepe culottes. Unlike its denim counterpart, this pair of white culottes on model Jasmine Maierhofer is made with thinner, yet more formal, material, ideal for those get-togethers with your guy’s family because it’ll make you look put-together without trying too hard and will allow you to get in on all the fun family action. Culottes from the Happy Skin Prints Made Pretty Collection, available at Plains & Prints boutiques nationwide
5. Denim skort. Okay so this one won't really get you all covered up, but it's versatile and comfy enough that it can very well replace your fave leather mini for nights out. Skort, available at Guess
6. Dark floral pants. Pick one that’s cotton through and through for maximum comfort—the print on this one on Jessy Mendiola, on the other hand, provides optimum style points because it’s sophisticated but laidback at the same time. Pants, available at Bench
Cheat Sheet: The Latest in Beauty that Will Help You Cut Your Daily Prep Time
Photographs from Instagram.com/perrytabora (Liza) and Instagram.com/benchtm (Jessy)