“I can't function without coffee!” fashion and lifestyle blogger Tricia Gosingtian shares. She and fiancé RG Gabunata are both coffee lovers, the former preferring lattes while the latter loving his black. But this difference in taste is not a hindrance to enjoying a cup together—Tricia reveals that their first date involved a quick run to Cash & Carry for a cup of 18 Days Coffee. Cute! Their caffeine love is evident in their everyday adventures, as seen on Tricia’s Instagram account and blog. Here, they share the places they love to get their coffee fix from—consider these shops your next stop if you ever feel the need for a fresh brew:
1. Precynct. Tricia and RG’s current go-to coffee shop? It’s Precynct in The Grove. This Melbourne-inspired quaint café is relatively new, opening its doors just last year. They're not only serving good coffee sourced from Yardstick (which also made it to Tricia and RG's top picks!), but they also have cocktails and a few mains to go with your drink. Must-try items on the menu are the Faux Cappuccino, Poached Eggs, Hollandaise Air, Arugula, Toast and Sriracha Fried Chicken.
Located at G/F The Grove Retail Row, C5 E. Rodriguez Avenue, Ugong, Pasig City. Open Tuesdays to Sundays, 10 AM to 10 PM. Facebook and Instagram: Precynct.
2. EDSA Beverage Development Group. Seems like the couple really knows what they love in their coffee. EDSA Beverage Development Group was formed by the people behind The Curator, and they make sure that their guests only get fresh and original concoctions, never settling for "just being good." It's pretty hard to find, though, but the search is worth it. Their baristas really know their coffee so any cup you'll order comes out great. If you have time, drop by during Wednesday mornings where they conduct talks on coffee and give free cups as well!
Located at CLMC Building, 209 EDSA Mandaluyong, Barangay Wack-Wack, Mandaluyong City. Facebook and Instagram: edsabdg.
3. The Curator. The Curator is a favorite among the city's most discerning palates, and simply who can say no to a coffee shop that offers an irresistable selection? This chill place is perfect for Sunday brunch, but no matter what time you prefer to get your fill, The Curator will deliver. Recommended are the Purple Haze, Dark Matter Theory, and Apple Pie French Toast.
Located at 134 Legazpi Street corner Palanca Street, Makati City. Open Mondays to Thrusdays, 7 AM to 2 AM, Fridays to Saturdays 7 AM to 3 AM, Sundays 7 AM to 6 PM. Facebook and Instagram: The Curator.
4. Yardstick. This coffee shop whips up their coffee in accordance to their three standards: If it's in line with their coffee classes, if it's something the owners like, and if it's something the customers might like. A sip of any of their brews is enough to convince one to make a beeline for an invigorating cup. They also teach all things coffee, so if you want to be a barista in your own home, you can sign up for one of their programs. Their cold brew is heaven until the last drop, and while their espresso-based drinks are widely popular to guests, you should not miss their waffles as well.
Located at G/F 106 Esteban Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City. Open Mondays to Saturdays, 7 AM to 11 PM, Sundays 8 AM to 6 PM Facebook and Instagram: yardstickcoffee.
5. Toby's Estate. Experience drinking coffee in Australia in the comforts of this lovely coffee shop in Makati. Toby's Estate is a favorite hangout of coffee junkies, Tricia and RG included. The homey atmosphere coupled with great-tasting coffee and food are two of the many reasons to get your fix here. Order the Gibraltar, Flat White and Mocha for the drinks, and if you're a bit hungry, the Brouillé on Toast or Traviata are topnotch.
V Corporate Center Shop 6, 125 L.P. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City. Open Mondays to Tuesdays, 7 AM to 10 PM; Wednesdays to Saturdays, 7 AM to 12 MN; Sundays, 8 AM to 10 PM Facebook and Instagram: tobysestateph.
6. Doutor. And lastly, a trip to Tricia's favorite travel destination involves a visit at Doutor. In fact, it has become her habit to have Dotour coffee first thing after landing in Japan! Her favorite? The Iced Honey Cafe Au Lait, a drink that she says she'll never grow tired of having.
ALSO READ: Please Stop Calling Third Wave Coffee Shops Hipster, Thankyouverymuch
Photographs from Instagram.com/tgosingtian (Precynct and Yardstick), Instagram.com/edsabdg (EDSA Beverage Design Group), instagram.com/thecurator_ (The Curator), Instagram.com/tobysestateph (Toby's Estate) and triciagosingtian.com (Doutor)