Makati may be the country’s main business hub, but Taguig City’s Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is fast catching up as the go-to place for young professionals. Amidst the many high-rise buildings in the area are restaurants that may look ordinary on the outside, but are intriguing and exquisite on the inside. Here are five restaurants that take ambience to a whole new level with lattice-inspired hanging ceilings, a medicine cabinet-like counter, to a modern interpretation of your typical canteen, and more:
1. Mecha Uma. Anyone dining at this restaurant along 25th and 6th Streets will be instantly drawn to its ceiling. Instead of hanging lamps, Mecha Uma went on to use wooden bars of various lengths, resulting in a layered ceiling reminiscent of the latticework in your science projects.
2. LES Bagels. Getting your bagel fix from this bakery along Upper McKinley Road is truly a unique experience thanks to its large windows and checkered tiles that are best viewed from the second floor of the bakery. Also don’t forget the walls on the second floor that's decorated with various photographs: These can serve as good backdrops for those candid shots, and even OOTDs.
3. Farmacy. This soda fountain and ice cream shoppe on the corner of 26th Street and 4th Avenue may look like a typical café from outside, but once you enter, it'll transport you to those quirky decades past (you'll be reminded of Archie Comics, too!), what with their retro-inspired “Prescriptions” signage, the “medicine cabinet” where all of their ingredients are stored, and, of course, the bright blue accent colors.
4. Nolita. This pizzeria located at Bonifacio High Street Central has an industrial and rustic feel, and its standout feature is its creative placement of desk lamps (that are fully adjustable!) mounted on its wall and on its ceiling together with their hanging lamps. This results in an intriguing light pattern that makes patrons feel like there's new lighting every time.
5. Kanteen. Aside from its red wire-framed lamps and hand-written menu, its wall laden with posters featuring eye-catching statements and typography will definitely keep patrons occupied while waiting for their meals (and might even distract them from eating, in a good way!).
ALSO READ: Sights to Behold: Instagram-Worthy Restaurants in Makati City
Photographs from Instagram.com/nolita_nypizza, Instagram.com/maxlimbo, Instagram.com/finimara, Instagram.com/farmacymnl, and Instagram.com/mechauma, and gluttonshopper.blogspot.com