Lechon and crispy pata: A portion is a delight on your tongue, but above it is a threat to your heart and your budget.
But do you know that you don’t have to wait for grand celebrations to have a taste of these delicious, albeit sinful, dishes? All you'll need: P500 (or even less!).
1. Jun-Jun’s Cebu Lechon. This authentic Cebu Lechon restaurant takes pride in their thorough preparation and in the native Cebu ingredients they use in cooking their signature dishes, which gives their customers quality products that satisfy their tastes. Price: P175 (chopped, good for 3 persons). Location: 32nd St. Justicia Drive corner Bonifacio Boulevard, Bonifacio Global City; Unit K04 Food Village, Tiendesitas, Pasig City; and along Commonwealth Avenue (right across Shopwise) Quezon City.
2. Jamicos Restaurant’s Judy Ann Crispy Pata. Named after the owner’s youngest daughter and not the actress, Judy Ann Crispy Pata is a family recipe known in Malabon for decades. Its crunchy trutter skin is made even more flavorful and tangy with pickles poured on top and two kinds of sauces served on the side. Price: P500. Location: 201 Gen. Luna Street, Malabon.
3. Livestock Crackling Pork Belly. Its perfectly crunchy skin and juicy, tender meat will really make your heart skip a beat because of its mouthwatering taste. Price: P390/300g and P490/500g. Location: 34 Sgt. Esguerra Avenue, Barangay South Triangle, Quezon City.
4. Analisa’s Crispy Pata. This simple takeout counter became famous because of its well-balanced crispy pata spiced up with the right mix of flavors and seasonings This is so far the most affordable and deliciously notable crispy pata we have found in town. Price: P310 Location: 8 Kamuning Road, Quezon City.
5. Tatang’s Boneless Lechon. If you’re simply craving for lechon and don’t want to spend much buying half a kilo, Tatang’s boneless lechon meal is perfect for you. This will surely satisfy your lechon cravings with just less than a hundred bucks. Price: P99/meal. Locations: BF Homes; SM Aura Premier; Gilmore and Mindanao Avenue, Quezon City
ALSO READ: Kitchen Whiz: Craft Bottled Tuyo from Scratch
Photographs from the stores' respective Facebook pages