Manila will be lit next week as Queen of Pop Madonna performs for the first time here in the Philippines. Amidst stratospheric ticket prices, avid fans both young and old saved up for this show that's sure to meet expectations what with the signature elaborate stage sets and Madonna’s unapologetic antics. If you're one of those armed and ready with tickets to the biggest concert in the country this year, here are a few tips to keep in mind to have the best crazy fun experience possible:
1. Brush up on her old songs, and learn the new ones. Madonna’s “Rebel Heart” Tour may focus on her newer songs, but there’s a good chance that she’ll perform her earlier hits as well. From her earlier hits such as “Like a Virgin," “Material Girl,” and “Papa Don’t Preach,” to more recent singles like “Hung Up,” “Sorry,” and “Bitch I’m Madonna,” every Madonna fan should master these songs so they can sing along with the Queen of Pop herself.
2. Level up that cardio routine. She may be 57 years old, but Madonna is definitely not showing any signs of aging, with her high energy performances that can put any younger female performer to shame (move over, Arianna Grande). Want to keep up with her seemingly unlimited energy? Step up your cardio game at the gym in preparation, so you can last the whole adrenaline rushing night (or two days, if you opt to watch her both February 24 and 25). Make the treadmill and indoor bicycles your new BFFs, pronto.
3. Familiarize yourself with her music videos and dance moves. You know her songs by heart and you have your cardio game on point, now what's next? Learning how to groove like her! Madonna has popularized countless dance moves throughout the years, and it will definitely help to learn them so you can also dance along with her during the concert.
4. Choose a comfortable attire. It's going to be a long night of partying for sure so pick out an outfit that's comfortable enough and will not restrict your movement should you bust out those dance moves. We suggest that you take the athleisure route as it combines both style and comfort—and Madonna's a fan of the trend, too!
[related: Style Spotlight: How Good Should You Look for That Workout?]
5. Be at the concert venue early. Madonna’s concert is on weeknight, so it pays to be early at Mall of Asia Arena (avoid rush hour traffic!). Why not take the day off, if you can? The heavy traffic and the struggle of getting good parking space, and the unreliability of the MRT should be enough to convince you to leave the house (or office) early. You wouldn't want to miss this historical moment, yes?
Banner photograph from screengrab of "Bitch I'm Madonna" music video