If exciting your tastebuds have always been your primary goal but you're not that courageous to try random new food haunts, head over to any of these five editor and celebrity tried and tested restaurants and bistros and you won't leave disappointed:
1. Bait’s Seafood Kitchen. Using local fresh seafood boughtt fresh every morning, they don't offer your typical “comfort food”-style menu: Their dishes have rich, intense flavors, borrowing from Korean cuisine and takes inspiration from the Mediterranean as well. They also serve classic French technique cocktails in medicine bottles. Location: G/F Signa Designer Residences, Valero Corner Rufino Streets, Salcedo Village, Makati City. For inquiries, contact +63917-8604764.
2. Locavore. They offer a fusion of classic French and Filipino: Local favorites abound, but given a twist using French cooking techniques. Notable dishes are the pakbet ratatouille, liempo buns, chori burger, and their five types of kinilaw. Plus points: 80% of the ingredients they use are local and organic. Location: 10 Brixton Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City. For inquiries, contact +632-6329600
3. 26th St. Bistro by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Simple, everyday, breakfast-to-dinner food beautifully prepared and plated to elevate casual dining in a cozy-comfy atmosphere. Their lunch & dinner menus offer a fresh selection of light and heavy fare. Location: G/F Net Lima Building, 5th Avenue corner 26th Street, Bonifacio Global City
4. Rambla. Their aged cocktails and modern Spanish menu are perfect for everyone, be it the hippie, the foodie, or the discerning stylista (the resto's interiors are as exquisite as the menu!). Location: Joya building, Joya Drive Rockwell Center, Makati City. For inquiries, contact +632-8236468
5. Alta. Offers a wide array of cuisines including Italian, Singaporean, and even vegetarian dishes that are slowly cooked for excellent quality. The ultra modern, space-age interiors are a welcome bonus. Location: Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila, 26th Street corner 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. For inquiries, contact +632-8609800.
ALSO READ: Dining Delight: 4 Laidback Places Where You Can Satisfy Your Appetite for Coffee and Craft Beer
With reports from Food Magazine, original text written by Anne Marie Ozaeta, Kristine Ching, and Ginny Mata. Photography by Pia Puno and Paul Del Rosario. Check out more exciting stories and mouthwatering recipes in the latest issue of FOOD Magazine, now out in major bookstores. FOOD is available in bookstores and on newsstands for P120. Download the FOOD Magazine app for access to all digital editions on your tablet or smartphone, available in Zinio, Android and Apple App Stores. Like FOOD on Facebook (www.facebook.com/FOODMagazine) and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@FOODMagazine)