You may find yourself caught between the fear of moving and the excitement to step out. You may wait for the right time, the right moment, and the right reasons to finally go for it and set your sails for a place you’ve always wanted to experience. But more often than not, the right time, and the right moment is now. You probably just need a little push to get you going, forward, and on to the world. Who knows, you may find it here:
1. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage." – Anaïs Nin
If you feel like you’re stuck in a rut, then you probably have yourself to account for that. True, courage doesn’t come as often as we’d like, but if you want to expand your horizon, do more, and see more, you know you’d need an ounce of bravery for that or more. Otherwise, you go back being stuck in a rut. And do you really want that?
2. "Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting." – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
The word “plunge” wasn’t used here for nothing. Synonymous to dive or jump quickly, plunge is a fitting word for when you want to just go do it. And when you do, the reward of something interesting awaits. Now isn’t that something to be excited about?
3. "There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life and in change there is power." – Alan Cohen
It’s always been scary at first to leave your comfort zones. But it turns out, there is retreat in going to an unknown adventure. It also provides you with liberty to experience life, and in that, you find your center.
4. "Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world." – Gustave Flaubert
Exploring other cultures and meeting more people with varied backgrounds make you rethink a lot about life in general and most especially, about the kind of person you are. Then it leads you to another thought: the kind of person you want to become.
5. "Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving." – Terry Pratchett
Travel because simply put, it changes you in so many good ways.
6. "The only question in life is whether or not you are going to answer a hearty ‘YES!’ to your adventure." – Joseph Campbell
Do you have your answer now? We hope today is the day you learn to leave your inhibitions and say “Yes!” to a life full of adventure!
ALSO READ: Fuel Your Inner Wanderlust When It Doesn’t Come Naturally