You have a special love affair with your lippie—can’t leave home without it, can’t face the world without primping your pout. Or maybe you don’t, but actually wish you know lip products like the back of your hand. Today’s your lucky day as we help you decipher what lippie is meant for you, no matter your #beautygoals: Modeling icon and makeup mogul Rissa Mananquil-Trillo (she’s the co-founder of now cult local brand Happy Skin) gives the low down on four hot formulations and which type of girl they’re best for, plus she’s also got two hacks to make your lips feel softer 24/7:
1. For the everyday girl who loves taking selfies = Moisturizing lip color. A fusion of lip gloss and lip balm in the pigmentation of lipstick, it provides a great pop of color but takes care of your lips (buh-bye, dryness!). Beauty peg: Liza Soberano’s pink pout that’s got the right amount of sheen and sweetness.
2. For the chick whose mantra is effortless beauty = Lip and cheek mousse. Multi-way products make life so much easier for you—dab and blend on your cheeks and lips and you’re all set. Beauty peg: Kelsey Merritt, who looks flawlessly au naturel—and don’t boys just love women who look like they "woke up like that"?
3. For the fasyon woman who wants to make a statement = Moisturizing matte lipstick. Matte is a very trendy texture now, says Rissa. It’s best to go for a product that has moisturizing properties because matte just doesn’t look good on cracked lips. Beauty peg: Let a matte red lippie catapult your sex appeal to Solenn Heussaff heights.
4. For the bold and daring who’s all set to conquer the world = Lip lacquer. High shine at its finest, pick a weightless formula so it’s not sticky, advises Rissa. Beauty peg: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach. Remember her subtly glossy pout when she bagged the crown?
5. For the girl who stays up all night partying = Make toothrushes your BFFs. Create the perfect base for your lip color by sloughing off dead skin cells from your lips using a toothbrush.
6. For the beauty girl who’s into things organic = Sugar is your ally. “Use sugar to exfoliate your lips because sugar has the capacity to attract water so it keeps the skin on your lips supple and smooth,” shares Rissa. This is the perfect alternative to exfoliants especially with the recent ban on microbeads.
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Beauty Artillery You Must Always Have in Your Makeup Kit
Photographs from Instagram.com/happyskin_ph and illustration by Jana Jimenez