If 2015 was the reign of all things pointy, this time around, all things strappy rule—and we’re not talking strappy sandals or slingbacks here; laced up shoes are the of the moment footwear of choice, both on the runways and on the feet of today’s hottest celebs. For us non-glam-team-possessing, running-around-balancing-things mortals, this trend may be quite a challenge to wear on normal days. But that doesn’t mean we should confine it to special occasions only—here are your fave celeb style pegs showing you how to pair this ‘it’ shoe with your wardrobe mainstays:
1. Style peg: Liza Soberano. Style trick: Wear laced up shoes with your fave cropped top and cropped pants pair (go for prints to spice up your look, like Liza’s stripes).
2. Style peg: Janella Salvador. Style trick: Match your nude pair with your go-to preppy ensemble, like the singer-actress’ did, with a pullover and a wrap-around skirt.
3. Style peg: Miho Nishida. Style trick: Soften the edginess of laced up shoes with a bright-colored top and a floral skirt—you’ll look fresh and fun but still glam (study of contrasts, on point).
4. Style peg: Sofia Andres. Style trick: If you want to keep it simple, you won’t go wrong with your favorite bodyhugging dress. To offset the seriousness of the shoes, pair it with prints.
5. Style peg: Kathryn Bernardo. Style trick: For that hip modern woman vibe, let your laced up pair take center stage—wear it with a basic top and midi skirt in no less than black and white like the Teen Queen.
6. Style peg: Camille Co. Style trick: Flats are more your thing? They’re a match made in heaven with flowy pieces, perfect for the beach or countryside getaways.
ALSO READ: Milan Menswear Designers Pay Tribute to David Bowie
Photographs from Instagram.com/primadonnaph, Instagram.com/perrytabora, Instagram.com/miho.nishida, and Instagram.com/itscamilleco