Mix and Pop Corn
CHEF’S NOTE: Use whatever leftovers you have in your pantry—potato chips, cookies, nuts, dried fruits, candies, M&M’s, and more. You can also replace the white chocolate with dark or milk chocolate chips instead.
1/4 cup unpopped popcorn
1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 to 1 cup digestive or high fiber cookies
1/4 cup pretzels or bread sticks
1/4 cup vanilla wafers
1/4 cup golden raisins
salt, to taste
2 cups white chocolate chips (about 400 to 500 grams)
1. Pop popcorn on the stove top.
2. Mix popped corn with chocolate chips, cookies, pretzels or bread sticks, wafers, and golden raisins. Season with salt.
3. Melt white chocolate chips on a double boiler.
4. Working quickly, pour white chocolate over popcorn mix. Stir together until coated.
5. Pour over a cookie sheet. Allow chocolate coating to harden. Break apart and place in an airtight container or jar.
READ: Maricar Reyes-Poon’s Chocoliquor Cakes Will Help You Build Tons of Sweet Memories
Originally published in FOOD Magazine's April-May 2014 issue. Recipe and styling by Pixie Rodrigo-Sevilla, photograph by Paulo Valenzuela. Follow FOOD Magazine on Instagram and like their official Facebook page.