Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
kosher salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
3 cups cherry tomatoes
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Add oil to the skillet then sear the chicken on both sides until golden. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add onions and garlic and stir frequently until softened.
3. Add red pepper flakes, chicken stock, and wine then simmer for five minutes.
4. Add cherry tomatoes and chicken to the skillet. Simmer until chicken and tomatoes are fully cooked.
5. Serve chicken over the tomatoes and sprinkle with parsley.
Originally published in FOOD Magazine, Issue 1, 2015. Recipe and styling by Nancy Dizon-Edralin, photograph by Paolo Valenzuela. Follow FOOD Magazine on Instagram and like their official Facebook page.