MasterChef Pinoy Edition judge and renowned chef JP Anglo, along with Curiosity Got the Chef host Sharwin Tee, treated Food Tastings "Let's Cook Pinoy" participants to an afternoon of easy to do and exciting recipes that are refreshing renditions of the Pinoy classic dishes we love, from sinuglaw to binagoongan. Try this pancit canton recipe of Chef JP that will make you fall in love with the traditional noodle all over again.
Pancit Canton with Pork Leg by Chef JP Anglo
Servings 5 / Cooking time 15 mins / Prep time 20 mins
1 kilo egg noodles, fresh
200 g carrots, julienne
200 g Baguio beans, julienne
200 g pork liver
200 g cabbage, julienne
60 g onions, red, chopped
60 g garlic, chopped
160ml pork stock
3 cans MALING-Pork Leg
15 ml vinegar, cane
30 ml soy sauce
30 ml rum, light
30 g gawgaw (thickener)
10 g sugar
15 g chili garlic hoisin sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 pack tofu
5g Onion leeks
1. Simmer noodles for a quick 5 minutes.
2. Saute in order, carrots, sitao, onions, garlic, pork liver and pork leg.
3. Deglaze with light rum, then add in soy sauce then cane vinegar, let it still for 20 seconds
4. Add in your chili garlic hoisin sauce and cabbage slices.
5. Add in your stock then bring to a boil.
6. Strain out your vegetable and Set aside.
7. Add your gawgaw and let ur sauce thicken while stirring.
8. Once thick, Set aside.
9. In a large pot, mix noodles and and sauce.
10.Top with crispy tofu and onion leeks.