1. Be enlightened on the life of informal settlers by catching the screening of the indie film Mga Kulay Sa Labas Ng Linya at Kulay Dokyu: Screening & Directors' Talk. In addition to the special screening, Brian Sulicipan and Christelle Jane Delvo, producers, writers, and directors of the film, will be having a talk to discuss their film. Head over to: NCCA Building, 633 General Luna Street, Intramuros, Manila, May 17, 4PM-6:30PM (Free admission).
2. Shop for the hippest summer brands at the Summer Solstice trunk show. Get first dibs on items such as waxed skinny jeans, tailored coats, handcrafter flats, printed silk tops, and bags from brands like Tryst, Caravela, Due Porte, and many more. Head over to: Arya Residences, McKinley Parkway corner 8th Avenue, Rizal Drive, Taguig City, May 17, 11AM-8PM.
[related: Style Spotlight: European Effortless Glamour Is Within Easy Reach at This Multi-Brand Concept Store]
3. Wanting to de-stress on hump day, but #titavibes getting the better of you? Indulge yourself then at Old Swiss Inn’s Wine and Cheese Buffet, back due to popular demand. Head over to: Old Swiss Inn Restaurant, Somerset Hotel, 104 Aguirre Street, Makati City, May 18 6PM-9PM (P699+ buffet price. Call +632-8188251 for reservations).
4. Have you ever thought how much asking questions can make a difference? Let meta-coach Sheila Tan teach you The Power of Questions through her workshop, where she will discuss how asking the right questions will help in coaching people better. Head over to: Acceler8 Coworking, Finman Building, Level 7-1, 131 Tordesillas Street corner Bautista Street, Makati City, May 18, 6:30PM-9PM (P1,000 ticket price for walk ins, P800 discounted rate. Purchase tickets here).
5. Car enthusiasts both young and will love this showcase of the freshest and cleanest rides at the 25th Trans Sport Show. Visitors will also get to hear stories from the car owners themselves, ranging from childhood tales to love stories involving their cars. Head over to: SMX Convention Center, Pasay City, May 19-22, 10AM-8PM (P100 ticket charge).
6. When creating new ideas and products, a lot of factors have to be considered in order for them to be successful—one of which is visual design, which Co.Lab will be discussing in Bag o’Tricks: Designer Edition. In this forum, attendees get to learn the best practices on visual design, and how these can help improve the way they market their products. Head over to: Co.Lab, Unit 301 3rd Floor, 3 Brixton Street, Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig City, May 19, 6PM (Free admission).
7. Celebrate International Museum Day with Ayala Museum for free! Don't miss this one-day only free access to everywhere inside the museum, including the special exhibits. Plus, there will be a tree art activity and a food fair on this special day. Head over to: Ayala Museum, Makati Avenue corner Dela Rosa Street, Makati City, May 20, 12PM-8PM.
8. British Girl group Little Mix will be visiting the Philippines for the first time as part of their The Get Weird Tour. Be prepared to jam all night to their hits like “Secret Love Song”, “Black Magic,” and many more. Head over to: Kia Theater, Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City, May 20, 8PM (Ticket prices start at P3,180. Purchase tickets here).
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: What We’ll Miss and Won’t Miss about the Elections
Banner Photograph from the Ayala Museum Facebook page