1. Looking forward to learning more about our country’s history, or expanding your knowledge in the arts and sciences? Well, since it's National Heritage Month, the National Museum has got a treat for everybody—admission is free for the entire month! In addition to Manila’s National Museum, regional museums around the Philippines can also be accessed for free this May. Head over to: National Museum, P. Burgos Drive, Rizal Park, Manila until May 31, Tuesdays to Sundays, 10AM to 5PM (Free admission).
2. Letterist Abbey Sy, Alessa Lanot of Life After Breakfast, and Tippy Go of Googly Goeys will be holding an Art Sale, where they will be selling their pre-loved art tools, along with their books, merchandise, and magazines. If you are a fan of these artists, this is the best chance to own part of their collection at discounted prices! Head over to: 38 Mayaman Street, Diliman, Quezon City, on May 6, 4PM (Free admission).
3. Party away before the liquor ban implementation (that's Sunday y'all) at Wow! Ganda! Again! Performers include She's Only Sixteen, Cheats, Rusty Machines, Ourselves The Elves, Shadow Moses, crwn x Jess Connely, and Chairman Mouse. Head over to: Route 196, 196-A Katipunan avenue Extension, Blue Ridge A, Quezon City, on May 6, 9PM (P200 ticket charge).
4. Be updated on the latest food trends at the 13th Philippine Food Expo. Over 300 companies, from food manufacturers, growers and exporters, equipment, and ingredient and additive companies will be participating, plus there will be seminars that will tackle various topics, such as the shift to healthier eating amidst a rapidly-changing food industry. Head over to: SMX Convention Center, Pasay City, from May 6-8, 10AM-7PM (Free admission).
5. Thanks to the likes of spoken word artist Juan Miguel Severo, more people are getting interested in the art of the spoken word. Falling in love with it, too? Sign up for the First Draft Spoken Word Workshops. The series of workshops will teach you the skills you need in order to become a legit spoken word artist. Head over to: Bahay ng Sining, J. Molina Street, Marikina City, on May 7, May 14, May 21, and May 28, 9:45AM-2PM (P1,600 workshop fee. Register here).
6. Fancy a yoga party? Good news for you: The Palace Pool Club and LiFE Yoga will be throwing a Yoga Pool Party. DJ Katsy Lee will be providing the beats, while yoga teacher Ryan Camarillo will be heading a series of yoga sessions, along with swimming and dancing activities. Head over to: The Palace Pool Club, 9th Avenue corner 32nd Street, Uptown Bonifacio, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, on May 7, 10:30AM (Ticket prices start at P400 for an afternoon pass).
7. Comic book fans better get ready for Free Comic Book Day. Aside from the release of free comics from Marvel comics, DC comics, Archie comics, Dark Horse comics, and other comic book publishers, participating stores will be holding pocket events, ranging from sketching booths by local comic artists and sellers of discounted comic books and graphic novels. Be early, as those free comics will surely run out fast! Head over to: Participating Fully Booked, Filbar’s, and Comic Odyssey branches, on May 7, 10AM-10PM.
8. Party for a cause at Cruzin’. Enjoy the performances of Tom's Story, Jensen and The Flips, Reese Lansangan. Moira Dela Torre, Jeremey Santos & Alissa Leigh San Juan, Pwede Pa-Pinch?, and Ang Bagong Luto Ni Enriquez Checkpoint Rock Bar, while also helping make a difference in the life of a patient recovering from a brainstem stroke (proceeds from ticket slaes go to his medical treatment). Head over to: Checkpoint Bar, MetroStar Mall, Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Sucat, Paranaque City. May 7, 8PM (P250 ticket price).
9. KidZania Manila will be holding a special pop-up event named KidZania Go! this weekend. Those who will register their kids will not only get to try the KidZania role-playing experience, but also have fun with hands-on activities like painting and planting. Head over to: Alabang Town Center, Alabang-Zapote Road, Muntinlupa City, from May 7-8, 10AM to 5PM (Free admission. Pre-register at Alabang Town Center until May 6, 11AM-9PM).
ALSO READ: Look Up, Step Out: These Thematic Hostels Will Change The Way You Book Your Beds
Banner Photograph from The National Commission for Culture and the Arts Facebook page.