1. Bond over cooking as you learn meat-free recipes at Rustan’s Lifestyle Workshop A Very Vegan Mother’s Day. Jertie and Jaq Abergas of Jertie’s Kitchen will be sharing delicious meat-free recipes moms can make at home. Head over to: The Atrium, EDSA Shangri-La Plaza, Mandaluyong City, May 6, 3PM-4PM (Free admission).
2. How about a day of learning and discovering new things with your mother? We suggest you take advantage of Mind Museum’s Mother’s Day treat, where mothers get in for free if they're accompanied by two paying companions. Paying companions who will purchase a 3-hour ticket also get a free upgrade to an all-day pass! Head over to: Mind Museum, JY Campos Park, 3rd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, from May 6-8. (View mechanics here)
3. Whether you are looking for hand-sewn leather bags, authentic jade jewelry, or some great gourmet Filipino food to share with your mother, you'll surely be happy at the Treasure Trove Mother’s Day Pop-Up. In addition to these items, you'll find refreshing linen spray and cute onesies as well for your twinning game with mother dear! Head over to: UP Town Center, Katipunan, Quezon City, from May 6-8.
4. Why not bring your mother to a lunch or dinner date at Mary Grace Cafe, and avail of their dedication services? Surprise her with a cake with a thoughtful message for her. If you don’t know what cake to purchase, try their Banana Bella cake, a mother’s day special from Mary Grace Cafe. Head over to: Any participating Mary Grace Cafe branches, from May 6-8.
5. Your hardworking mother deserves to be pampered come Mother’s Day, so do chck out Ahavia Lounge Spa's cool Mother’s Day promos. Whether you'd avail of their Anti-Stress package or Mother’s Indulgence package, mothers get a free treat from Ahavia, along with free use of their swimming pool for two hours. Head over to: Ahavia Lounge Spa, 186 Katipunan Avenue extension, Blue Ridge A, Quezon City, from May 6-May 13 (Pampering package starts at P1,559 for the Anti-Stress package).
6. If you and your mother are advocates of healthy and all-natural living, you should take a road trip to Human Nature’s Mother’s Day market. Aside from Human Nature's all-natural personal care products, you can also score organic vegetables and fruits for your cooking bonding with your mother, along with indigenous Filipino crafts. Head over to: Human Heart Nature, G-Square Plaza, Barleta Street, San Pablo, Laguna, on May 7, 8AM-6PM.
7. How about a one-of-a-kind bonding experience with your mother over coffee? Rustan’s will be having a Coffee Pairing for Moms workshop. Barista Mike Canlas and celebrity chef Mitchie Sison will be demonstrating a variety of coffee recipes, from espressos, milk-based coffees, to cold brews. Head over to: Rustan’s EDSA Shangri-La Activity Center, Mandaluyong City, on May 7, 2PM-4PM (Free admission. RSVP at +63917-6332524, or register here).
8. Hunt and Gather’s Strong Moms will make sure that both your mom and you will not have a dull moment over the weekend, by way of their nutrition and fitness talks, a mini baskeball clinic, a flatlay workshop by Sheila Catilo, a Kombucha 101 class by Monica Manzano, a blogging workshop by Martine de Luna and over 100 merchants selling products you can consider gifting to your mother. Head over to: Glorietta 3 Activity Center, Makati City, from May 7-8, 10AM-10PM (Free admission. Visit Hunt and Gather’s Facebook page for the list of workshops).
9. Moms get a chance to join their kids in select role-playing activities at Kidzania's #KZMomsDaytoPlay. For Mother's Day, kids and their mothers can bond together in the following KidZania establishments: DZMM—MOR Radio Station, Beauty Salon, National Art & Design Academy, Bakeshop, Cooking School, Supermarket, Fashion Boutique, Acting Academy, Aviation Academy, Baby Care Training Center, and the ABS-CBN TV Studio. In addition to this, kids with PaZZports get to treat their moms with freebies! Head over to: KidZania, Park Triangle, North 11th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, on May 8, 10AM-4PM (Check ticket prices here).
10. How about you and your mother learn a new skill? Rags2Riches will be having a Weaving Workshop, where you'll also get to hear stories R2R’s artisans, along with learning their craft. As part of the workshop, you get to make your own handwoven purse bag, which you can bring home and give to you mother! Head over to: Rags2Riches UP Town Center, Katipunan, Quezon City, on May 8, 10AM-7PM (free admission, text +63917-5533033 to reserve a slot for the workshop).
11. Actress Angel Jacob, lifestyle blogger Jackie Go, and makeup artist Shebby Liquete will be sharing their insights on beauty at Robinsons Galleria’s All About Moms Beauty Talks. Their words of wisdom may help both you and your mother level up your beauty game! Head over to: Robinsons Galleria, EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City, on May 8, 2PM (Free admission).
ALSO READ: The Six Fix: Gifts for Every Kind of Mother Out there