1. Learn surefire ways to live out your creative dreams at Design Week PH's workshop series, Creative Talks. Aside from topnotch calligrapher Abbey Sy, crafter Mansy Abesamis, illustrator Tippy Go, and crafter Alessa Lanot will be giving talks as well. Head over to: Teatrillo Intramuros, Plaza San Luis Complex corner General Luna and Real Streets, Intramuros, Manila, on April 19, 3PM-6PM (Free admission. Register here).
2. Learn more about the Muni PH community and their advocacy of living a healthy, happy, and socially conscious lifestyle at Muni Meetup’s Mindful Life and Work. Engage yourself in group discussions, pitches, and listening exercises for the duration of the whole program. Head over to: A Space Manila, 110 Legazpi Street, Makati, on April 19, 6PM-9PM (P200 ticket charge. Purchase tickets here).
3. Want to be more enlightened on the country’s present issues? A good hump day event for you would be Open Spoken: Bayan, where spoken word artists like Syke, Teddy Corpus, Jeff Bago, Cha Roque, and many more speak out on climate change, corruption, and conflict. Who knows, this event might help you in discerning who to vote for this coming elections. Head over to: A Space Manila, 110 Legazpi Street, Makati, on April 20, 8PM (P200 ticket charge).
4. Canadian record producer and DJ Ryan Hemsworth will be dropping by the Philippines to showcase some of his beats! Not familiar with him? Well he has collaborated with the likes of Kanye West and Beyonce for their music remixes. Filipino indie band No Rome will be accompanying Hemsworth’s performance. Head over to: Black Market, Warehouse 5, La Fuerza Compound 2, Sabio Street, Makati City, on April 21, 9PM (Ticket prices start at P800. Purchase tickets here).
5. Enjoy a week of fresh indie movies at the Sinag Maynila Independent Film Festival. Sinag Maynila finalists, which include movies directed by Adolf Alix Jr., Ato Bautista, Gino Santos, Mes de Guzman, and Joselito Altarejos will be shown during the week-long festival. Head over to: Participating SM Malls (North EDSA, Aura Premier, Manila, Megamall, Mall of Asia), from April 21-26 (List of movies and their schedules can be found here).
6. Get to see the best of Philippine furniture, fashion, accessories, and many more at the 63rd edition of Manila FAME. With “Iridescence” as its theme for its 63rd iteration, expect to see endless design possibilities from the creative minds of Filipinos. Head over to: SMX Convention Center, Pasay City, April 21-24, 9AM to 6PM (P250 ticket charge).
ALSO READ: Meet the ABS-CBN Lifestyle Hotshots!