1. Celebrate the best of the Philippine indie industry at MadeINDIEPhilippines, where you're guaranteed to get tons of nuggets of wisdom about indie filmmaking, what with renowned indie directors Brillante Mendoza and Mark Meily as the keynote speakers. Head over to: Black Market, Warehouse 5, La Fuerza Compound 2, Sabio Street, Makati City, on April 12, 6PM (Free Admission).
2. Speaking of indie movies, we suggest you grab this chance to watch Richard Somes’ Yanggaw, an indie film that explores the aswang myth. This Filipino horror-drama-mystery film has won 14 awards and 28 nominations, making it one of the most awarded Filipino horror movies. Head over to: Pineapple Lab, 6701 R. Palma Street, Barangay Poblacion, Makati City, on April 12, 7PM (P300 ticket charge).
3. With all those hilarious Facebook event posts coming out lately, Mows’ Batuhan ng Siomai couldn't have come at a better time. It's a legit event, though, mind you: Attendees can rambol (in a responsible manner, as noted on the invite) for the rest of the night with Wolfdown and Beast Jesus providing entertainment. Head over to: Mows, 20 Matalino Street, Quezon City, on April 13, 5PM (P175 entrance fee).
4. Get your OPM fix at FilipiNotes OPM Open Mic. Who knows, you might even get to perform with a famous OPM singer for one night! Head over to: Big Bad Wolf, Burgos Circle, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, on April 13, 8PM (P300 entrance fee).
5. If you want to jam the whole night the old school way (meaning through vinyl records), then consider spending your Wednesday at Noise and Melodies. Tagged as a “vinyl session,” expect Stereomafia, Wave Rotation, Popdaze, and Liquid Software to play vinyl records both mainstream and indie. Head over to: Today X Future, 7-T Gen. Malvar Street, Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City, on April 13, 9PM (Free admission).
6. Get a glimpse of life in the Philippines during the 1970s, and see how Imelda Marcos made a huge impact during that era by catching Livin’ La Vida Imelda, cultural activist Carlos Celdran's one-man show. Head over to: Pineapple Lab, 6701 R. Palma Street, Barangay Poblacion, Makati City, from April 13 to 17, 8PM (P1,200 ticket price. Email email@example.com for ticket reservations).
ALSO READ: Cultured!: 8 Adult Playgrounds in Metro Manila for Every Personality